Alpha Gameplay from Dontnod’s Dark RPG, Vampyr

We’ve gotten a look at the first alpha footage of Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr.

Featured above, the first alpha gameplay for the game was recorded at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo.

It’s worth re-iterating this is an alpha build, as such it is not indicative of the game’s final build.

Vampyr is launching across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One sometime next year.

, , ,

1. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    June 22, 2016 at 10:25 am

Something to do while waiting for the new Bloodlines.
    Looks good so far.

2. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    June 22, 2016 at 10:26 am

The gaming industry and their obsession of calling everything an alpha, beta or even pre-alpha.

Oh well, this looks nice enough. I mean, it’s rather basic, but I guess this isn’t really about combat, is it? Wasn’t it story based and shit?

3. Bio Sock
    Bio Sock
    June 22, 2016 at 10:54 am

I really like Dontnod. Not necessarily because they have awesome games (I found Remember Me entertaining enough, though) but because they keep moving and they try something new after finishing a project. Some companies just seems stuck doing the same shit over and over (seriously, I can’t be the only one getting a bit tired of Tell Tale games by now) and just getting stale in the process.

4. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    June 22, 2016 at 10:56 am

Next-gen visuals, PS2 Gameplay.

June 22, 2016 at 11:02 am

I hated remember me’s gameplay…

6. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    June 22, 2016 at 11:23 am

I hope it will be story based.I know your action won’t matter (for the most part) but if they give us a few ending based on our overall behavior that would be good enough.

7. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    June 22, 2016 at 11:41 am

Now I don’t even remember what I read about this game before. I’m confused.

8. CommanderZx2
    CommanderZx2
    June 22, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Looks like it needs a lot of work

9. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    June 22, 2016 at 12:20 pm

“Every time you kill someone it will have an impact on the world”
    Probably this?

10. Aliens_Of_Gold
    Aliens_Of_Gold
    June 22, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Perhaps not show that off just yet.

11. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    June 22, 2016 at 2:32 pm

What do you mean obsession? Those are industry standard terms in all of software development.

12. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    June 22, 2016 at 2:32 pm

I think it looks pretty decent, it is an alpha after all and this is just a small glimpse of the gameplay.

13. dathip
    dathip
    June 22, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Going to be a masterpiece on the #pcmasterrace

14. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    June 22, 2016 at 3:58 pm

It’s always the way of excusing oneself for making a shitty product mostly. Or maybe you’ve forgotten the past few years?

15. RPG
    RPG
    June 22, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hmm, it is certainly rough around the edges, which is to be expected of a game in this state. However, it does seem like it could have potential.

16. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    June 22, 2016 at 7:41 pm

This game is early in development, so it’s completely believable this is an alpha. They’re common terms in all software development. When I get suspicious is when a studio pulls something like calling a game Beta 2 months from release.

17. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    June 22, 2016 at 8:56 pm

It was believable a few years ago. Not anymore.

18. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    June 22, 2016 at 9:05 pm

That’s absurd. They’re technical terms that actually mean things. You can’t decide they’re not real anymore just because some game developers misused them. Hundreds if not thousands of computer programs and games are made every single year using those technical definitions for different milestones in development.

If you want to argue DONTNOD is lying about this specific instance that’s one thing, but disregarding technical terms is silly.

19. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    June 22, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I will disregard these specific terms because they’ve been overused these past years.

20. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    June 22, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Well we’re at an impasse because that is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. That’s like saying terms like cooked ‘rare’ and ‘well done’ no longer mean anything because a few people lied about some poorly cooked meals.

21. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    June 23, 2016 at 6:32 am

Well we’re at an impasse because that is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. That’s like saying no terms that have been overused can no longer mean anything because some terms are necessarily overused, like “well done” and “rare”.

And “a few”. It shows how little you’ve took part of the gaming industry these past years.

22. ProxyDoug
    ProxyDoug
    June 23, 2016 at 11:14 am

For that I think Dontnod and Ninja Theory deserve some praise, but I can’t get over the fact they try to be too artsy sometimes and tend to attract a douchy fanbase around their games.

23. ProxyDoug
    ProxyDoug
    June 23, 2016 at 11:14 am

It’s alright.
    It’s weird seeing Dontnod working with male main characters.

24. styrofoamQball
    styrofoamQball
    June 26, 2016 at 11:42 am

Make the combat as unforgiving as Dark Souls and this game has promise.