Frozenbyte has announced their latest game, Shadwen, is coming to PC, Mac, Linux, and PlayStation 4 this month.
The stealth-action adventure will launch for all the aforementioned platforms on May 17th. The game will cost $14.55 / €14.55 on PC, after which the week-long launch discount will raise the price back to $16.99 / €16.99 for all platforms.
Players take up the role of an assassin named Shadwen whose mission is to kill the king. Along the way you run into an orphaned girl named Lily, further endangering your mission – the entire game has you balancing killing your enemies and putting trust in this young girl.
Featured above, you can view the latest trailer for the game. You can find a synopsis for the game below, via Frozenbye:
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl’s budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
To kill or not to kill – that is the question.
- Move Freely – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- Stay Hidden – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- Time is an Accomplice – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- Use Physics – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- Create Traps and Hazards – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- Two Characters – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.