Fallout 4’s Far Harbor Expansion Set to Launch May 19

Bethesda Softworks has announced the release date for the latest expansion of Fallout 4.

The Far Harbor downloadable content will launch on May 19th across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Featured above, you can enjoy a new trailer for the new expansion.

Here’s a synopsis of what to expect, via Bethesda:

In Far Harbor, a new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost?

Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that Bethesda Game Studios has ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

1. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    May 4, 2016 at 10:21 am

I can’t help but be excited about this, although the enemy scaling at higher levels is just broken. You reach a point where every enemy has thousands of HP and your gun still only does 100 points of damage. Legendaries are as common as weeds, Gunners are all Lieutenants, and every other Raider has power armor. Settlers and Automatrons don’t stand a chance against random mobs when you’re level 100. It’s a bit ridiculous, so I hope Far Harbor has higher damage output weapons, or at least rebalances some of the numbers.

2. Master Bating
    Master Bating
    May 4, 2016 at 10:26 am

Looks no better than the game itself aside from the atmosphere.

3. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    May 4, 2016 at 10:28 am

They hiked the price?

4. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    May 4, 2016 at 10:34 am

The textures can’t be that rough can they?

5. GuyNumber1
    GuyNumber1
    May 4, 2016 at 10:40 am

Yeah it used to be $20 now its $50, bethesda better add more dlc or else its a rip off for those who payed the hiked up price

6. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    May 4, 2016 at 10:41 am

While more content is nice, I wish they would balance out the game more instead of just making everything a bullet sponge.

7. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    May 4, 2016 at 10:43 am

Yeah, originally the Season Pass was 30$, then they raised it to 50$ at the end of March.

What’s weird is, okay:
    Automatron: 10$
    Wasteland Workshop: 5$
    Far Harbor: 25$.
    How does that add up to 50$? There HAS to be more on the way. They were quoted as saying:

“And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.”

8. Guest
    Guest
    May 4, 2016 at 10:46 am

That would require them to add some sort of mechanic to the game beyond clicking attack and pausing to heal.

9. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    May 4, 2016 at 11:09 am

It’s pretty sad because I didn’t even go to diamond city or even start the main quest until I was level 50. To me every enemy is a bullet sponge now and I’m just an unstoppable tank with 150+ stimpacks. The enemies are nice and all but “legendaries” spawn way too often, so I imagine this dlc is just going to be more of the same.

At least the enemies don’t scale too much like fucking borderlands.

10. Luka ?( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀?)
    Luka ?( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀?)
    May 4, 2016 at 11:32 am

Fallout 4

Eh

11. John Smith.
    John Smith.
    May 4, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Ehhh, I wonder how broken this DLC is? I mean judging by the standard which Fallout 4 launched with I don’t have much hope for this add on to be any less of a broken mess..

12. catazxy
    catazxy
    May 4, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I’m one of them crazy guys that liked the green filter the Fallout 3 had, it added to the apocalyptic look….but that’s nothing comparing to the real problems F4 has……

13. Troy Tarling
    Troy Tarling
    May 4, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Awesome, can’t wait for Totally Not Point Lookout Again!

>returning characters from FO3
    AKA more recycling, just like FO4 had in spades

14. Troy Tarling
    Troy Tarling
    May 4, 2016 at 1:45 pm

how the fuck did you get to lv50 before doing anything

i finished every single quest and found every location in the whole game and only hit lv70+

15. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    May 4, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Exploring, building etc. I did play the game. Just not the main questline.

16. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    May 4, 2016 at 2:05 pm

This. I was savoring the game, so I did basically everything BUT the main plot. I was level 40 before I even started looking for Shawn, because I had been building so many settlements, crafting stuff, and running scav/side missions.
    Felt a little weird to keep putting off finding your son in order to collect bobbleheads, but whatever.

17. Troy Tarling
    Troy Tarling
    May 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

The problem with FO3 onwards is that they keep calling it “post apocalypse” but 200 years is more like “post-post-post apocalypse”. Like after 200 years society should be thriving more than it is. THe simple truth is Bethesda wrote themselves into a corner with the whole “200 years” thing, cuz their games look like the war happened like 30 or 40 years ago, not 200.

18. TeLin特林
    TeLin特林
    May 4, 2016 at 2:48 pm

This is why I’m waiting till everything is released.

19. Troy Tarling
    Troy Tarling
    May 4, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I’m just surprised you managed enough XP without doing major quests to even reach that level. I feel like you’d honestly have to just grind to reach lv50 without touching midgame quests

20. Jack
    Jack
    May 4, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Point Lookout 2.0

21. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    May 4, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Every time I see that loading screen tip telling you they spawn more on higher difficulties I keep wondering how much worse it could possibly get.

On normal they’re more common than power armor toting raiders, to the point I run into them one after another. Doesn’t help that they ‘mutate’ when below 50% health.

How did Bethesda think that was a good idea?

22. Johnathon
    Johnathon
    May 4, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Yes, they are.

May 4, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Sounds cool I’ll take the eventually game of the year edition of all this shit.

24. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    May 4, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Is it weird that the thing that makes me the happiest about this trailer is that you get to take Nick with you?

25. AnarKreig
    AnarKreig
    May 4, 2016 at 9:29 pm

If mods can’t fix this borked game, what makes anyone think that the DLC will?

26. John Smith.
    John Smith.
    May 5, 2016 at 12:01 am

I never liked New Vegas, mostly because despite being advertised as a wide open sandbox game I couldn’t go anywhere without getting my ass kicked by level 20+ creatures.
    Hell, I get that they made an awesome game, but being forced down a linear story path by walls of death while they keep telling me I can go anywhere I want at anytime is just bullshit.

27. Troy Tarling