German independent developer Black Forest Games (the Giana Sisters series) has released their love letter to classics like Contra and Metal Slug in both action and difficulty, Rogue Stormers.
The game is described as “Contra on steroids” and “Metal Slug in hyperspeed,” even going as far to say that it’s like “Rogue Legacy with guns.” Yes, that means the game is procedurally generated, meaning no two playthroughs (including offline and online cooperative for up to four players) will be exactly the same.
Featured above, you can view the latest trailer for the game, which showcases its various features:
- I’m So Ronery: Single player mode
- Gun Together for Fun Together: Up to four players local/online co-op
- All You Can Kill Buffet: 5 character classes to decide whether you feel like murdering people with fire or Goop or guns
- Sick Arse Biomes: All generated procedurally with random placement of enemies, traps and upgrades for infinite replayability
- German Humor: ’nuff said
- Farting Angels And Things that Have Teeth But Shouldn’t: Deal with classic orcs, goblins, floating weapon platforms, eldritch horrors and battlegates bristling with weapons
- Set Things on Fire: Trigger environmental chain reactions that will kill both you and your enemies, but idk, it looks cool
- It’s So Shiny: Game world modeled in blistering 3D
- Permanently Perky: Trick yourself out with persistent perks that accumulate through runs
You can find Rogue Stormers here on Steam. If you get the game before April 28th, you’ll nab it at a 20% discount.