God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater: Resurrection Western Release Dates Confirmed

god eater 2 04-24-16-1

Bandai Namco has announced the western release dates for both God Eater: Ressurection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

For North Americans, God Eater: Resurrection will get a digital-only release for PS4 and PS Vita on June 28th, and for PC on August 20th. God Eater 2: Rage Burst, however, gets a physical/digital launch for PS4, and a digital-only launch for PS Vita and PC on August 30th.

For Europeans, both God Eater: Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst will launch on August 30th. God Eater: Resurrection is a free download with all God Eater 2: Rage Burst purchases.

To celebrate the release date announcements, Bandai Namco has released a story trailer for God Eater Resurrection.

You can find information for each of the game’s bundles below, via Bandai Namco:

PlayStation 4 Physical Bundle

Customers who pre-order the physical Day-One Edition of God Eater 2: Rage Burst will be guaranteed to receive the following items:

• God Eater 2: Rage Burst software
  • Digital download voucher for God Eater 2: Resurrection
  • Digital download for exclusive DLC costumes from Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tales of Zestiria, and Tokyo Ghoul

PlayStation Network Digital Bundle

Digitally pre-order God Eater 2: Rage Burst for PlayStation 4 system through the PlayStation Network for the following items:

• Digital download of God Eater 2: Rage Burst software
  • Instant access to digital version of God Eater: Resurrection when it is available June 28, 2016

PlayStation Vita DLC Bundle

For a limited time fans who purchase God Eater 2: Rage Burstthrough the PlayStation Network when it releases on August 30th will receive the exclusive DLC costumes from Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tales of Zestiria, and Tokyo Ghoul

Steam Bundle

Digitally pre-order the God Eater: Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst bundle on Steam to receive the exclusive DLC costumes from Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tales of Zestiria, and Tokyo Ghoul

1. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 24, 2016 at 8:41 am

I’m super hype for these games. I don’t mind it being english dub only, at least for Resurrection, because they got a few of the VA’s from Burst’s dub back, which I really enjoyed (minus a couple voices anyway). It still would’ve been nice to have a dual audio option though.

2. blackice85
    blackice85
    April 24, 2016 at 8:48 am

I’ve not played this series yet, so it looks like as good a time as any to jump in.

3. Hiecchi
    Hiecchi
    April 24, 2016 at 9:10 am

“God Eater: Resurrection is a free download with all God Eater 2: Rage Burst purchases.”
    So its a dl code in the physical version and only for europeans? WTF

4. catazxy
    catazxy
    April 24, 2016 at 9:17 am

GE was a bit hard to play back on the psp because of the lack of decent camera controls but, the anime was so cool…and now this! Owww YEAH!!

5. catazxy
    catazxy
    April 24, 2016 at 9:18 am

dub only?! nooooooooooooooo

6. Uncle Slick
    Uncle Slick
    April 24, 2016 at 9:26 am

PC?!?!?!?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ScarredBushido
    ScarredBushido
    April 24, 2016 at 9:45 am

there we go haha. i wish it had Japanese dub….

8. Mea K
    Mea K
    April 24, 2016 at 9:55 am

I forgot about this being dub only and got excited for a moment.

Is there a Japanese PC version that modders could extract the original voice acting from?

9. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 10:29 am

I know it’s all about personal preference but it’s no wonder so many Japanese games never get a release in the west. I mean fans of Japanese games always seem to be moaning about something with every single release with people boycotting the game for one reason or another. Must get frustrating after a while.

10. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 10:30 am

To be honest I can only think of two dubs that have been truly awful in all my years of gaming. Some average of course but only two really awful ones.

11. Shiggy Diggy Doo
    Shiggy Diggy Doo
    April 24, 2016 at 10:39 am

>Sword Art
    >Tokyo Ghoul
    >Zestiria

My god so much shit taste in one convenient package

12. Joey
    Joey
    April 24, 2016 at 10:51 am

No. The PC port is for the Western release.

13. Mea K
    Mea K
    April 24, 2016 at 10:51 am

>the characters’ real voices as chosen by the people in charge of making the game are arbitrarily not included in the product
    >complaining about this is “moaning”

Okay.

Also, the west is a world in which the press is openly hostile to Japanese games. A world in which developers get told every single game they make has to be censored by lying moralistic busybodies that have taken over the localization field. Trust me: the efforts of a small group of concerned fans simply asking them to please not remove a huge chunk of a game are not going to have a meaningful impact on the frustration felt by developers and publishers.

14. TheMaverickGamer
    TheMaverickGamer
    April 24, 2016 at 10:57 am

I’ve been playing Arc Rise Fantasia recently and HOLY CRAP do I wish they would have left the Japanese voices in. The dub is atrocious.

15. TheMaverickGamer
    TheMaverickGamer
    April 24, 2016 at 11:01 am

I generally prefer dubs, but it does stink for those that want the original Japanese voices. I’m guessing Bandai-Namco US isn’t willing to pay the licensing fees for it and that’s a shame.

16. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 11:12 am

Problem is if it’s dub only people moan and if’s it’s sub only people moan. Not every game can be dual audio.

Also only the tiny minority of games get censored. Japanese/Western of otherwise.

17. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 11:14 am

Yep. That’s one of the two not surprisingly. ;) dubbed in Singapore with English speaking actors that was never going the end well.

18. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 11:15 am

I think it might be you with shit taste, sorry.

19. Mea K
    Mea K
    April 24, 2016 at 11:23 am

“Not every game can be dual audio.”

Why not? Even in the unlikely scenario there are filesize concerns they can just release one of the audio tracks as free DLC.

20. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 11:28 am

>Digital Only

Wow, just wow.

21. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 11:29 am

Licensing the no.1 reason.

Here from Xseed themselves.

“You have to understand that most of the time (pretty much 99% of the time at this point, really), when the original Japanese voice-acting is removed from a game during localization, it’s done out of necessity, NOT by choice. NO publisher is going to remove the original voice track if there exists an option to keep it — there’d be no reason to, after all! But I speak from personal experience when I tell you that there are many, many times where publishers aren’t given any choice in the matter whatsoever. Technical limitations and storage space aren’t the only factors, either — there’s also that dreaded specter known as LICENSING. Sadly, everyone who’s ever spoken a line of dialogue or sung a phrase of music in a video game signed a contract of some sort… and some of those contracts, ESPECIALLY in Japan, can be pretty draconian when you get down to the fine print. It’s not at all uncommon for a Japanese voice-actor to record his/her voice for a game under the stipulation that it ONLY be used within the country of Japan, making it ILLEGAL to use those lines anywhere else in the world.

I’m not able to comment as to whether or not this is the reason we’ve removed Japanese voice tracks from some of our past titles, but I can give a relatively well-known example from the world of anime: Kodocha. When that show was brought to the U.S. by The Right Stuf, there were major licensing problems associated with the first opening theme, “19 O’Clock News” by the band Tokio. Not only was that song originally used as the opening theme for episodes 1-51 of the show, but Tokio’s lead singer Mamo made a cameo appearance in episode 1 as himself, exchanging a few lines of dialogue with the series’ main character Sana. And when the show was brought over to North America, absolutely NONE of that could be used due to licensing issues. Not only did Right Stuf have to substitute the second opening theme (originally used in episodes 52-102 of the anime) in place of the first, but they had to bleep out all of Mamo’s lines from the Japanese language track on the DVD, and I think they even had to bleep out Mamo’s NAME when Sana spoke it!

Now, that’s a pretty extreme example, but it just goes to show you that Japanese contract law can be a HUGE problem, oftentimes leaving publishers with only three choices: release the game with dubbed voices, release the game with NO voices (bearing in mind that most games featuring English voice-acting also have an option to TURN OFF the voice-acting, so there’s no reason dubbed voices are any worse than no voices)… or don’t release the game at all.

And while I do understand your passion for playing things in their original language, I would urge you not to avoid supporting games simply because their language tracks have been dubbed. Remember, when you pay for a game, you’re compensating the publisher for all the work they did to translate it, edit it, test it, master it, produce it, etc. We do a tremendous amount of work to make sure these games are playable and enjoyable in our own language, and it’s extremely disheartening to hear that anyone would choose NOT to support us, even if it’s a game they really want to play, simply because we were forced to dub the voice track into English. Especially since, quite honestly, I think most publishers would prefer to leave EVERY game in its original Japanese — dubbing a game’s voices is a time-consuming and costly process, and electing not to dub something invariably makes it take less time to release AND cost less money. And what publisher WOULDN’T want that?!

So yeah… bottom line, if you’re going to “vote with your wallet,” as it were, please make sure you know what you’re voting FOR. By not supporting games that publishers had no choice but to dub, you’re not sending the message that you want fewer dubs… you’re sending the message that you want fewer games of that type released in English, period. And I’m pretty sure that’s NOT the message you’re trying to send.

-Tom”

22. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 11:31 am

tl;dr Japanese agencies demanding a king’s ransom to have their clients’ voice to be heard overseas.

This is the one of the few things I vehemently shake my head with Japan.

23. Kickle Cubicle
    Kickle Cubicle
    April 24, 2016 at 11:31 am

I guess I’ll be picking up GE2 on PS4 then. I usually prefer having these kinds of games on handhelds, but Bamco cheaping out and going digital-only with the Vita version is really lame.

24. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    April 24, 2016 at 11:33 am

Ehh, people have the same complaint for dubbed anime that was based on manga/light novels. Unless the person who wrote the characters did so with a specific voice actor in mind, then it is always someone else’s interprutation, don’t see why it matters if it was some guy in Japan or the US. Unless the Japanese voices were specifically requested by the writer their both technically interprutations by a third party, and influenced by VA popularity at the time.

25. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    April 24, 2016 at 11:37 am

Japanese VA track rightsholders want to much sometimes for the track, not taking into account that it will be in a country where it will be seen as bonus content, not the main audio, which really is just rediculous. They can’t be expected to pay out full dub licencing costs for a secondary bonus menu option.

26. 萌えゲー
    萌えゲー
    April 24, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Ugh, hopefully someone who gets the PC version can undub the game. Fingers fucking crossed.

27. 萌えゲー
    萌えゲー
    April 24, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Instead of thinking for one second that someone may care about Japanese audio, companies just omit by default. They could do a fundraiser for Japanese voices or even make it paid DLC. I know I’m not most people, but I would easily drop 20 dollars to hear dem glorious seiyuu. Give fans a reason why it couldn’t happen or give fans a chance to at least make it happen, otherwise your’re gonna hear complaints.

28. panda
    panda
    April 24, 2016 at 12:51 pm

I only know of this through Project X Zone but I’m keen to jump into it.

April 24, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Resurrection being digital only is not ideal, but given how it is given as a bonus to the Rage Burst’s physical release I can’t really complain. Getting both games day one.

30. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    April 24, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Damn i want it but, without japanese voices, i can’t.

31. Mea K
    Mea K
    April 24, 2016 at 1:47 pm

I know all that. The answer is to fix the licensing situation, not to tell the people that want it changed to stop moaning about it.

32. Zero Eternity
    Zero Eternity
    April 24, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Hmm I guess I’ll buy Resurrection first and wait for a sale on Rage Burst if both are digital only on Vita.

33. landlock
    landlock
    April 24, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Right. Good luck with that.

34. Mea K
    Mea K
    April 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Thanks!

35. Dgnfly
    Dgnfly
    April 24, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Sucks that its english dub only, but atleast it save me money.
    I hope Bamco will do japanese dub only if there is a next game release.

36. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    April 24, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Such flashy outfits for a post apocalyptic world.

37. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 24, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Sword art online and Tokyo ghoul are some of the most cringe-worthy animes i’ve ever seen so i can confirm how shit taste this package is.

38. Audie Bakerson
    Audie Bakerson
    April 24, 2016 at 2:58 pm

After the awfulness of the Symphionia port I’ll wait on this.

39. undub lover
    undub lover
    April 24, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I hope we would be able to mute the voices.

40. TRUndercover
    TRUndercover
    April 24, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Got severely burned by Symphonia’s PC port. Going to have to bide my time with these one before committing if at all.

41. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    April 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Too much stuff in June

42. JohnnyCageFan2
    JohnnyCageFan2
    April 24, 2016 at 6:13 pm

You want mega Japanese companies to throw fundraisers!?

“Want Japanese voices in ‘God Eater’? Attend the Bandai Namco bake sale this weekend!”

Yeah, pretty sure everyone in the company would commit mass Sudoku at the same time instead of doing that.

Jokes aside, I’d pay for dlc voices too. Playing Xillia now and I want to kill something whenever I hear Teepo’s voice, but I’m the only one around though. And Miyuki-chan~, what could’ve been…

See the common thread…?

43. JohnnyCageFan2
    JohnnyCageFan2
    April 24, 2016 at 6:15 pm

…or paid and get even more money out of you. You know people will buy it and be called for it.

April 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I gotta watch more gameplay of this people keep saying its like monster hunter and that game is really boring to me.

45. Isaac Sadler
    Isaac Sadler
    April 24, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Amazing a steam version of it, looks like I will be able to play it then.

46. Leandro Teixeira
    Leandro Teixeira
    April 24, 2016 at 7:42 pm

I already imported this. No mather how much free dlc they give me I reffuse to buy a dub only + digital only release, because just look at the trailer, the dubs suck, especially Soma, if bandai continues pushing on good games with crap dubs I will refrain from buying any of their western releases, even Dragon Ball has the original dubs for fucks sake

47. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 7:43 pm

It really isn’t. From the surface, it looks like it, but GE is a lot faster paced and action oriented. It’s also less technical as in it isn’t as in depth with gear settings and whatnot (GE does have a bullet editor where you can do some neat effects.). Oh, and the difficulty is toned down. There’s a reason why MH purists think God Eater is for “weaboo casuals” to put it in their terms.

48. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Beats fashionably uncoordinated hobo clothes in your average Western apocalypse game.

49. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Your powerlevel must be severely low if you thought those two are the most “cringe-worthy” ones.

April 24, 2016 at 7:51 pm

I just don’t want my balls aching from boredom, as long as it doesn’t do that I’m in.

51. Holyfox25
    Holyfox25
    April 24, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I got introduced to God Eater through the PxZ games, so I’ve been wanting to play these.

No Duel Audio sucks though, but hopefully the Dub is decent.

52. 萌えゲー
    萌えゲー
    April 24, 2016 at 8:12 pm

I meant the localizers should try it, Atlus USA borderline suggested it with their “survey” after all. Yeah, it may sound farfetched, but you have to grasp at straws when companies refuse to elaborate on their dub only decisions.

53. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 24, 2016 at 8:23 pm

With tokyo ghoul’s edgyness and sao’s protagonist and story (and community) i am sure both are extremely cringe-worthy.

54. Mr. Greis
    Mr. Greis
    April 24, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Yes, but how is the censorship this time around? Decent localization I would think considering it’s Namco Bandai, but I’d like some assurance.

55. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Not only did you further prove your low powerlevel, you’ve also outed yourself as a wannabe anime elitist which is even more cringeworthy. Shouldn’t you be at MAL posting how every anime should be like Cowboy Beboop?

56. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 24, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Are you saying this “powerlevel” is the degree in which you can tolerate generic anime? Because i have tried to watch moe and i only like 2, hidamari sketch and non non biyori (and nichijou if you can count it but it’s more like a comedy show rather than a moe), apart from that i have seen some moes but since like 2011 they are all the same with somewhat different characters.

Now, i’m not saying every anime should be “like cowboy bebop”, i’m saying the anime industry is saturated with easy cash grab settings for people without a life to put themselves in the shoes of the protagonist and pretend they are those characters, the industry must move away from the generic settings from moes and harems and try to make an actual anime with character progression, a good story and so.

This season i’m honestly dissapointed with the amount of generic animes and i’m just watching jojo and re watching hunter x hunter.

Sorry for the wall of text but TL;DR:
    The anime industry is going to hell with the usual cash grabbing generic animes from nowadays.

57. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Oh, dear lord your elitist reasonings are even more generic than the anime you hate that I imagined what you posted verbatim. What makes you think anime was any different during its “golden age” of the 80’s and 90’s? There was even less variety 2 decades ago with super robot kid shows polluting the air waves then. Here’s a seasonal chart to educate you. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ff4f8c5b618291f8ffdcb77f771ffb21e33b8a2f4605e72b28fce1599c753d56.jpg

Such variety, much wow. And of course a shounen junkie would think this way. Just because you’re only being pandered to 2 times out of 10 doesn’t give you authority to say the industry has gone to shit. Even JoJo is wish fulfillment crap with generic settings (vampires and superpowers and yelling manchildren? Oh, so yooniq.) It just stands out because Araki’s art makes them as fab as possible. Hunter x Hunter is also just another battle shounen when you take out the “character progression” and whatnot. See, I can make your favorite anime sound generic too.

In other words, stop trying so hard to be #5675496749 anime expert and learn to enjoy and broaden your horizons. Like we need more whiny anime fans who don’t even put that much money for stuff they like in the first place.

58. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 24, 2016 at 9:21 pm

If you take the most important things of animes such as character progression and story in an anime such as hunter x hunter of course you can make it sound generic (guess what is that fundamental thing moes and harems lack of).

Jojo has a lot of inconsistencies in the whole anime so it’s not like i’m praising it or something, at least araki did put in the series a lot of character progression and an enjoyable story (predictable and silly at times but still).

Nonetheless i stand by my opinion in which anime is stuck with the generic settings and it’s not like i refuse to watch these animes, i do try to watch them but since i hate to lose time watching something i don’t think i will enjoy i stop whenever i clearly can tell “well, this anime is going nowhere”.

I do like sometimes to watch easy to follow and relaxed animes but there’s something i can’t tolerate in a harem and that is a beta as fuck mc.

If you think there’s things more important in animes than the story and character progression i will gladly read what you have to say about it.

59. Sunny11
    Sunny11
    April 24, 2016 at 9:32 pm

60. JohnnyCageFan2
    JohnnyCageFan2
    April 24, 2016 at 10:08 pm

With crowdfunding this and crowdfunding that, I don’t think it’s all that farfetched. It’s a great way for developers/publishers to know where they stand, as well as separate their actual audience from their perceived one (Aside from sending ‘Fuck you’ to their Twitter page). Maybe they won’t even need it with the next games. (Imagine SEGA had done that with any of the withheld Yakuza games.)

I may be wrong, but I’m thinking money and pride is the reason why the DLC and crowdfunding won’t fly.

Pride, like you said, omitting it because nobody’s interested in it: “It’s the West, they’ll only buy it if they’re speaking English.” Money, as in paying royalties for something unwanted, makes sense. And pride again by being shown they were wrong, that it is wanted, and being ‘helped’ to bring it. How will it make the company look?

I wholly believe they want their products to sell and give it the best push they can in a foreign market. They’re just go about it in a retarded manner which has the tendency to alienate their audience.

Just my 2c, again apologies for the blog post.

61. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Animation, Music, Acting and Execution to name a few. Anime actually has a relatively good track record in these departments. Even if the script is laughably bad, if the seiyuu pulls it off in a really hammy yet charming tone then it manages to salvage it. Happens with shounen a lot. Cheesy dialogue, but they deliver it so over the top it just turns awesome.

Animation should be one to be taken into consideration. It is a visual medium after all. Unless it’s trying to be all hipster artsy, ugly animation destroys what otherwise could be a worthwhile show (Aku no Hana). Yeah, QUALITY has been an ever sticky problem with anime, but when studios put on their A game, they produce some of the most visually stunning works artistically. It doesn’t just have to look good, it should should have fluid animation as well. Kyoani studio is king of this and I’m always at awe at how much they put work at the liveliness of their projects.

Music and BGM can really boost the overall enjoyment of anime as well. The right kind of music can set things to be really emotional, be it happy sad or angry. I haven’t really encountered a show that has really bad music (Even the infamous Musashi Gundoh had some strangely charming OP) so this is really hard to mess up.

As for execution, lemme give you one anime that managed to work with a “generic” setting and made it a wild ride by the end: Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. It relied heavily on tropes, but the way it handled them was so seamless and natural alongside really exciting fights. Same deal with the characters. They’re nothing unique, but the cast remains likeable enough you actually care what happens to them from start to finish. The MC also is a perfect blend of nice guy and badass, switching between one and the other at appropriate times.

One thing I find funny about harem haters is how they tend to complain that the MC is “beta” (such a cringey term), yet they look up to complete manchildren to the point of self-insertion. And you have the gall to call those who watch harems complete losers who wish they have all the girls jumping for them, when shounen lovers wish to be the most OP “alpha dawg” around. Just a little hypocrisy I keep noticing during my time in anime circles. To add to that, I actually think milquetoast MC’s should be a type of role model for teenagers who are too sex addicted that they could get girls pregnant before they’re even ready to take care of a family.

I’m not dismissing that story and character development compared to these, but anime fans have gotten so hung up about these two that everything else becomes the proverbial elephants in the room. It’s the same deal how graphicswhores among gamer communities focus on how pretty a game is as its sole worth.

62. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 24, 2016 at 11:19 pm

That was a nice read, i agree in every aspect of your opinion except for the mc part, i do hate to see such characters behaving like a kid without the guts to even talk to a girl and get ashamed for just looking a girl to her eyes, that is what i hate, i may judge it wrongly as a harem may be more of a comedy show but why throw romanve elements when you know how useless is this to a series focused on not progressing any aspect of the story.

And i don’t really mind choppy or badly colored animations but i did hate aku no hana solely for the animation (i ended up reading the manga).

About the hypocrisy about the shounen fans wanting to be an “op alpha dawg” i can’t really tell since i don’t know any single shounen fan (most of my friends don’t even know what anime is) but i only like animes as a watcher, not as a “i want to be like this dude”, i watch anime the same way i read a book, as an spectator.

63. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 11:58 pm

I used to think the wimpy MC’s in that light, but then as time went on in my life I just realized how much these MC’s are actually living a happier life without being chained down by one girl. Besides, once they choose a girl, it just relegates the rest as background extras which would piss off their fans. I remember shows like Shuffle, Mashiro Iro Symphony and others created a lot of waifu wars because these anime locked themselves into a particular route. Also, you don’t expect guys around that age to act like James Bond and instantly sweep the feet of every girl they fancy just like that. Now that’s unrealistic.

Aku no Hana just looked like garbage the moment I saw the “realistic” looking characters. Yeah, I get it you wan’t want to look as un-anime as possible, but you’ve certainly made yourself look unsightly during the process.

A lot of moe haters tend to be the shounen peeps or those who exclusively watch “high art” anime like LOGH or Tatami Galaxy. As someone who’s been into this scene for close up to a decade, their mannerisms and complaints have been as cut and paste as the things they bitch about. I just can’t help but call out on their hypocrisy. Yet I also pity them since they’re also followers of Sturgeon’s Law and I wonder why they subject themselves to something they no longer love and act like old fogeys saying, “anime was so much better back in so and so era” when they don’t even know what they’re talking about. It’s just sad.

64. evilmajikman
    evilmajikman
    April 25, 2016 at 12:56 am

Go out and watch Iron Virgin Jun.

65. Brandon Wolfley
    Brandon Wolfley
    April 25, 2016 at 3:14 am

Did that ever get fixed? I heard the launch was disastrous but I haven’t heard anything since.

66. DynastyStar
    DynastyStar
    April 25, 2016 at 3:20 am

Cool, God Eater on PC! now maybe I can see what the hubbub is about the series. Hoping that the game is accessible for newcomers(ie. plot doesn’t make you think “wtf is going on????????????” because it assumes you played previous games). I really like the rule 34 for God Eater and the anime is on Daisuki which has been itching me to watch it but it doesn’t set itself up well unless you’ve played the games.

67. XERW
    XERW
    April 25, 2016 at 3:23 am

PC is the best place for mods, esp. audio replacement. Sadly we don’t have the means to extract data from the PS4 BD disc.

All aboard the cringetown?

68. landlock
    landlock
    April 25, 2016 at 4:14 am

More important then the Japanese dub I hope the soundtracks are completely intact. Two beautiful games full of Go Shiina and Donna Burke songs. I’m looking forward to this side of it as well.

69. Luka?( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀?)
    Luka?( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀?)
    April 25, 2016 at 5:20 am

“I know there may be worse animes but i don’t even bother to watch moes and harems.”

why even live

70. Longtooth
    Longtooth
    April 25, 2016 at 8:23 am

God Eater: Resurrection is the first game with 2 included expansions, it comes out first so you can play it and get to know the story before moving on to God Eater 2.

71. TRUndercover
    TRUndercover
    April 25, 2016 at 10:31 am

Nope. Here’s what I know from the community… The last official patch came through on Feb. 2016 with no pertinent fixes. Lately however, a user going by the name of “Kaldaien” has been working on a tool to handle FPS issues, resolution scaling, art assets tweaking. Still going strong since March 6th 2016. Alpha versions of this tool are available on the Steam forums. Personally waiting until he/she releases a so called stable version before jumping in.
    There IS hope for this port from the modders

72. Dark Lord Ash
    Dark Lord Ash
    April 25, 2016 at 11:37 am

The fact that La blue girl ended on a cliff hanger still leaves me booty blistered. Hell Urotsukidoji never gettting a proper ending is unbridled heresy.

73. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    April 25, 2016 at 11:41 am

Well, at least the second one is physical and you get the first one free, I guess. I like Monster Hunter and Freedom Wars, so I’ll pick this up.

74. JohnnyCageFan2
    JohnnyCageFan2
    April 25, 2016 at 11:59 am

Hopefully, the PS4 gets broken soon.

75. alterku
    alterku
    April 25, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Vita digital only equals pass for me. Oh well.

76. Guin
    Guin
    April 25, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Toshio Maeda adaptations are forever cursed to inconclusive endings. The industry now isn’t so receptive to show animate anymore of his works given how graphic and insane his artwork is to twist the knife even further.

77. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm

I usually like to have my games digitally so i can access them easier but with the extremely high prices on memory cards for vita i do try to avoid them.

78. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    April 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Japanese developers for some reason don’t like to release games on pc and japanese consumers prefer consoles to play.

I guess i answered my own question there.

79. Kaboom
    Kaboom
    April 26, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Y’know, you’re missing out on a lot of games if you do that. … Plus, Vita’s becoming more and more digital-only, and is basically surviving on digital. So… Yeah.

80. Kaboom
    Kaboom
    April 26, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Still haven’t beaten the original God Eater Burst for the PSP… … Maybe I can use this as an excuse to go back to playing it? … But I always got stuck and had fights that lasted more than half an hour…

81. alterku
    alterku
    April 26, 2016 at 4:44 pm

I don’t know which games I’m missing out on that I wouldn’t have played had they indeed a physical release. Nothing limited run has released so far, for instance, have I found worth the investment.

82. DynastyStar
    DynastyStar
    April 27, 2016 at 12:04 am

Sweet :D looking forward to it!

83. Oscar Mike
    Oscar Mike
    April 30, 2016 at 11:05 am

so no pre order blood arts like the jap version?