Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force Launching in North America on July 12

mobile suit gundam extreme vs force 12-21-15-1

Bandai Namco has announced the release date for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force.

The upcoming PS Vita game will launch on July 12th in the Americas.

You can find an overview of the game below, via Bandai Namco:

Since 1978, the Gundam franchise has undoubtedly become a spearhead series in Japanese animation landscape. Considered as a real icon in Japan, the TV anime has led to numerous best-selling toys, movies, comics… and even a giant statue in Tokyo! Prepare for a clash of the eras as these powerful Mobile Suits are heading to Western markets with a brand new game: Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force.

Key Features

• Huge Roster. A lot of new Mobile Suits, including the very first appearance of characters from Gundam Reconquista in G and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.
  • 2 Fighting Systems in 1 Game. Experience the classic two-versus-two gameplay as well as new Team Battles! Control a Mobile Suit as the ace pilot and command your troops as the chief in Teams of six Mobile Suits and one battle ship.
  • Extreme Force. Take on missions from various scenarios from Mobile Suit Gundam to Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century. Acquire new Mobile Suits, level up your pilot, and customize your own team in this brand new mode!

1. Uncle Slick
    Uncle Slick
    April 22, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Woah!

2. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    April 22, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Oh, wow. Haven’t bought a Gundam game since Side Story 0079 for the Dreamcast, but I wouldn’t mind making an exception for this.

3. Siveon
    Siveon
    April 22, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Wow, an official Bandai localized Gundam game, I just wish it wasn’t a fighter. But beggars can’t be choosers I suppose.

4. JellyfishMonarch
    JellyfishMonarch
    April 23, 2016 at 12:40 am

Its not breaker 3… but id play it.

5. Audie Bakerson
    Audie Bakerson
    April 23, 2016 at 1:05 am

Unfortunately this game has been out in Nippon and it’s supposed to not be very good.

6. Tyrannikos
    Tyrannikos
    April 23, 2016 at 1:47 am

If people want a good Gundam game, they should look into Gundam Breaker 3. English sub version is releasing on April 28th on Play-Asia.

7. daggot △
    daggot △
    April 23, 2016 at 2:07 am

They released an extensive patch a few weeks ago that added more content and fixed the control issues.

8. landlock
    landlock
    April 23, 2016 at 3:16 am

I’m assuming it’s digital only.

9. evilmajikman
    evilmajikman
    April 23, 2016 at 3:41 am

Already got the Asian version of this, but I’m going to support this because I want Gundam to be able to have a 2nd coming in America other than just Dynasty Warriors games.

10. landlock
    landlock
    April 23, 2016 at 7:13 am

Gundam Breaker 3 will be next i’m sure.

11. Siveon
    Siveon
    April 23, 2016 at 7:15 am

I hope so. It’s too close to the hunter formula but I just love the thought of customizing my own (toy) Gundam.

12. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    April 23, 2016 at 7:38 am

So is the game itself good?

13. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    April 23, 2016 at 11:14 am

probably ugh now I will have to figure out what to delete off to the vita

14. TylorW
    TylorW
    April 23, 2016 at 11:30 am

But isn’t there still an updated version of the game call “Vs Force Boost” or something like that with much more content than the one we’re getting? Or does that update bridge the gap between the games?

15. daggot △
    daggot △
    April 23, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Extreme Vs Full Boost released before this. This is the mobile version.

16. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    April 23, 2016 at 4:15 pm

This. I want to know. Gundam has the problem of sending their worst games West side.

17. Godmars
    Godmars
    April 23, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Depends on your definition of good. Haven’t played it myself, seen a few videos, and by what I’ve heard and seen its sub-par as a largely arcade style title. Is something at best that’s only going to appeal to Gundam fans for being a Gundam game.

18. Eighto
    Eighto
    April 23, 2016 at 8:18 pm

As someone that imported this, it’s pretty good. Think Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost, but with an added strategic layer onto it for some missions. However, there are fewer mobile suits than in previous Extreme Vs. titles, and some mobile suits are inexplicably missing attacks (You can’t Moonlight Butterfly with the Turn A nor Turn X! My two favorite mobile suits out of the entire franchise. Turn A still has it’s nuke though).

19. SpecialK
    SpecialK
    April 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm

(Actually I believe it’s already released. I just got billed Friday for my Vita & PS4 copies from Play-Asia, lol)

20. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 8:37 am

I’d rather Gihren’s Greed, but I guess it’s too boring and political for us Westerners to handle. I mean, all we associate with Gundam is just pew pew robots right?

21. dashawn
    dashawn
    April 24, 2016 at 10:29 am

Its ok u have few suits no special moves, some of the suits attacks options are lowered, u can’t play online with friends only local play, and u don’t have anything else but mission mode which u will be playing every single time, overall if u are a fan u can get it but in my opinion it pales in comparison full boost and maxi boost on I think u will have more fun with gundam breaker 3 if u don’t have it already.

22. dsadsada
    dsadsada
    April 24, 2016 at 11:02 am

It lacked a lot of key features before such as an arcade mode. These got patched in to the Japanese version eventually though so hopefully the game comes with it. The Asian release didn’t have them at the start though but the mention of 2 fighting systems in 1 game up there has me hopeful.

23. Pilebunker
    Pilebunker
    April 24, 2016 at 11:34 am

I definitely would rather have a console/PC port of Gundam Extreme VS Maxi Boost ON or Gundam Breaker 3. But GB3 already has an Aisan version with English text so there’s no reason for that. From what I’ve been hearing I think I’ll just skip on this game.

24. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    April 25, 2016 at 12:21 pm

First I heard of them, I think a series of SRPG games would do well now but it is naturally harder to market than action games which span more universes at least given how slowly we have been receiving Gundam games.

What made that series special in your opinion?

25. Guin
    Guin
    April 25, 2016 at 1:54 pm

It’s not all that special in the grand schemes with its gameplay being a combination of Risk and SD Super Robot Gundam, but the real charm for me is how you can alter the One Year War’s outcome and its future conflicts. Like, you can have the Zeon win and control the Earth Sphere with the Earth Federation remnants working with the AEUG to fight them as opposed to the latter two duking it out as it originally how it went in Zeta Gundam.

Basically, it’s the dream game for armchair Gundam generals. Think of it as a sort of Gundam Universalis.

26. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    April 25, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Never heard of Risk or played Universalis, but I like SD Gundam G Generation and being able to change how the Universal Century flows like that would awesome.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a recent one which includes Unicorn (and Thunderbolt?) in the mix. The 3DS and other platforms are still getting SRPGs based on Gundam and other mecha series after all.

I like my arena or 2D fighters for Gundam but something that keeps the politics and other potential scenarios in mind would definitely be worth trying. I imagine it would be localised if it had a recent game too – the hardware of prior installments also made the games a bit rough to localise for (the PSP and Wonder Swan in particular).

27. Guin
    Guin
    April 25, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Never played the board game Risk? Surprising. Okay, another comparison would be Nobunaga’s Ambition. Basically a Gundam reskin of that game.

Yes, the Gihren games aren’t the most graphics intensive among the Gundam Games and it being relegated to portables further kills the possibilities of overseas releases. Add to the fact that it’s not exactly a pick up and play series (you gotta know your kanjis and stuff if you want to know wtf you’re doing beyond pew pew.), and it’s guaranteed DOA in the West.

Oh well, playing these is good practice for my Nipponese.

28. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    April 26, 2016 at 2:55 am

Yeah, Risk seems interesting based on Wikipedia but maybe it just hasn’t caught on that much where I’ve been (far away from board games).

I’m aware of Nobunaga’s Ambition (old series) through Pokemon Conquest but haven’t played even that. Thanks for the easier example though.

Hope your learning goes well. I have a long way to go and would consider them if they had a recent installment, ideally on 3DS but no guarantee that Bandai Namco would even localise that.

29. Lol
    Lol
    April 26, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Not released. Contacting play asia daily to see if they’ve got it.

30. SpecialK
    SpecialK
    April 27, 2016 at 11:23 am

Indeed appears to be the case, says expected availability date is 4/28/16 (tomorrow), and a bit disappointing that they billed me 4/22/16 as normally billing happens only when something is being shipped.

31. Lol
    Lol
    April 27, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Has your status changed?

32. SpecialK
    SpecialK
    April 28, 2016 at 7:12 am

Well, the status hasn’t changed as of today (4/28/16), it still says “Preparing Order”, however, the game(s) themselves (I got the PS4 & Vita versions) has changed to “24/hours in-stock”, implying that any orders should be shipping out in 24 hours. Still weird that they charged an entire week ago, when it’s usually standard only to charge when they’re in-stock and ready to ship out, but it does sound like they’re now finally there.

33. Richardson Mokuyo
    Richardson Mokuyo
    May 5, 2016 at 1:26 pm

why give us the shit gundam game give us GvG it would of had a big scene