Video Games Plus Reprinting Trauma Center: Under The Knife 1 And 2

tc_wallpaper_01

Canadian retailer Video Games Plus, have just announced that they will be reprinting Atlus’ Trauma Center: Under The Knife 1 & 2.

These copies will be brand new and still in their wrapping, and will be made available on May 2nd, 2016 for 39.99 CAD (~32 USD).

These are not the first DS games that they’ve reprinted, as this is an ongoing initiative with several publishers to reprint some of the harder to find DS games.

Other games that they’ve reprinted are as follows:

• Infinite Space (will also be releasing May 2nd)
  • GTA Chinatown Wars
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Front Mission
  • Dragon Quest Rocket Slime
  • Dragon Quest Monsters Joker

You can pre-order the first two Trauma Center: Under The Knife games over on their website.

Alexis Nascimento-Lajoie

Writer at Niche Gamer. Passionate for video game journalism, and more than glad to be a part of it. I also write DOTA 2 stuff.

1. buddyluv324
    buddyluv324
    April 21, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Trauma Center was the shit. Atlus needs to put out another sequel.

2. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    April 21, 2016 at 2:28 pm

ZOMBIE CANCER!

3. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    April 21, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Nice shill, niche. I just got cucked into buying Under the Knife 2 and Infinite Space.

4. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    April 21, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Nice, the 2nd one was never released in europe, might import it now to complete my collection.

5. Random Dude
    Random Dude
    April 21, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Too bad the sales weren’t good so it’s unlikely we’ll see a sequel. I miss all the pain from this series, figuratively and literally.

6. Kev Lew
    Kev Lew
    April 21, 2016 at 3:18 pm

always glad to see hard to get games be reprinted.

7. Nin
    Nin
    April 21, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I assume people didn’t like Trauma Team because of less aliens in people’s bodies.

Still a good game though even if the other entries are better because of the over the top parasites.

8. blackice85
    blackice85
    April 21, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Never tried the Trauma Center games myself, not sure if I’ll jump on these. I did check out Infinite Space though, looks like a cool space ship sim.

9. buddyluv324
    buddyluv324
    April 21, 2016 at 10:18 pm

That’s true. The TC series was indeed a niche series, but it did stood out somewhat at the time.

10. Random Dude
    Random Dude
    April 21, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Never played Trauma Team due to not owning Wii but from what I’ve seen from Walkthroughs, it occupies a weird place where it remains somewhat grounded on reality (you play as a medical team instead of surgeon god) while at the same time even more over the top crazy than Center (one doctor is pretty much superman, another has teleporting ninja butler, etc).

Gameplay wise, the most common complain would be the easier operations (not all mission are timed and those that do are really generous). I say it’s true that overall the lack of GUILT and like does simplify the procedure a bit (especially the final operation) but the other did look relatively challenging and unique IMO.

11. Guin
    Guin
    April 21, 2016 at 11:07 pm

We need more games where you save lives rather than end them.

12. VGJunky
    VGJunky
    April 22, 2016 at 1:09 am

Trauma Team was definitely easier but I felt that it had the strongest character stories of all the games due to Naomi’s character and the stuff she discovers, along with being slightly more realistically grounded in different medical fields.

Loved that story.

13. VGJunky
    VGJunky
    April 22, 2016 at 1:11 am

Trauma Center UTK2 is a fantastic game, imo they should do a 3ds combo rerelease (with Second Opinion art for UTK1) or put it on eshop. DS is the only place to get that game and it deserves a comeback

14. blackice85
    blackice85
    April 22, 2016 at 1:28 am

All this good talk about the game(s) is kinda making me want to try it after all, sounds like it’s more than just a surgery sim.

15. Random Dude
    Random Dude
    April 22, 2016 at 4:33 am

*Surgery Sim.

Oh man, you couldn’t be more wrong even if you tried. It’s more like standard medical drama + insane bio-weapons and crazy cult(s). It’s as cheesy as it sounds.

Just remember it’s from Atlus, expect some tantrum-throwing, DS-breaking rage (especially for the later operations).

16. Random Dude
    Random Dude
    April 22, 2016 at 4:45 am

Hope so. I’ve played UTK2 up to half-way until my DS died on me. I finished it on emulator (BIG fucking mistake, don’t even try) but had to lower it to easy.

17. blackice85
    blackice85
    April 22, 2016 at 8:09 am

Oh neat. I mean I figured it had some kind of plot, but this sounds more like a visual novel hybrid or something.

18. bob
    bob
    April 22, 2016 at 11:28 am

Good for Infinite Space buyers, I bought mine for what I thought was way too much a few years ago when it first disappeared.

19. amc99
    amc99
    April 23, 2016 at 6:19 am

I love the series in the ds! The wii one though….. lol

20. amc99
    amc99
    April 23, 2016 at 6:20 am

Do try infinite space. You might hate/love the gameplay. But the story is AMAZING. One of my most favorite space opera drama ever!