Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Registered by Nintendo

We’ve just learned that Nintendo have registered two (1,2) Pokemon titles, titled Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.

This is could very well be the new Pokemon title that will be officially announced during Nintendo’s Pokemon Direct.

We will most likely get more information on the new title on February 26, the date in which the Pokemon Direct will be held.

, , ,
Alexis Nascimento-Lajoie

Writer at Niche Gamer. Passionate for video game journalism, and more than glad to be a part of it. I also write DOTA 2 stuff.

1. Luna Sy
    Luna Sy
    February 25, 2016 at 9:11 am

Pokemoon.

2. Valwin Mediaz
    Valwin Mediaz
    February 25, 2016 at 9:13 am

so it really is Next gen

3. phagette

Annie T. Mood
    February 25, 2016 at 9:22 am

Pokemon planet versions I predict

6. Nin
    Nin
    February 25, 2016 at 9:23 am

Huh, I thought we would get Pokemon Z and Mega Zygarde before next gen. Ah well.

5 bucks Solrock and Lunatone won’t even be catchable.

7. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    February 25, 2016 at 9:24 am

I’m going ahead and calling it now: in this generation, you don’t catch the pokemon with pokeballs, you scan amiibo cards.
    Gotta catch em all! …for a modest fee.

8. Gunther H Raupert

I still hope there will be a Pokemon Z or X2/Y2

11. Ubrokemygrill?
    Ubrokemygrill?
    February 25, 2016 at 10:06 am

Pokeball DLC
    Force shiny pokemon DLC
    Upgrade non lgendary to legendary stats DLC
    Mega forms for more pokemon
    Even more online features removed
    Added back in as DLC
    Unique amiibo scan bonuses
    All female trainers covered up
    All female dialogue makes them sounds like a bitch
    Old HM system is back

Am I missing anything?

12. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    February 25, 2016 at 10:16 am

Not necesarily. The female trainers get a pass because the landwhales fantasize about that sassy prostitot attire. That also explains why Splatoon got a pass too.

February 25, 2016 at 10:39 am

Colours, then letters and now stars and planets. It is a natural evolution.

14. Shiggy Diggy Doo
    Shiggy Diggy Doo
    February 25, 2016 at 10:44 am

Actually from what I saw Splatoon didn’t get a pass. Someone bitched about sexualized 14 year olds because of the spats and ass waving.

15. orbo
    orbo
    February 25, 2016 at 10:50 am

Well you’ve already caught god himself.
    I guess catching the sun and moon aren’t that much of a stretch at this point.

16. alterku
    alterku
    February 25, 2016 at 10:56 am

All I want is a (potentially) really long campaign, during which there’s lots of Pokémon choice, with memorable characters and a story that actually seems to matter. I don’t care about participating in the competitive scene; just give us a full game this time please. X and Y were so short. Pretty, but short.
    Or the shoot-the-moon ideal: just go the opposite way and finally revolutionize Pokémon games to become real time.

17. Ubrokemygrill?
    Ubrokemygrill?
    February 25, 2016 at 11:00 am

Plenty of people bitched about Splatoon. I was just mainly pointing out the current trends.

18. Audie Bakerson
    Audie Bakerson
    February 25, 2016 at 11:02 am

Nintendo does like to register decoy and just in case marks when it comes to Pokemon (a search of the same database will show lots of examples), though the proximity to the direct and having logos registered with them makes these more noteworthy.

Shame that the west is still stuck with the bright yellow logo instead of changing like the Nipponese one.

19. Shiggy Diggy Doo
    Shiggy Diggy Doo
    February 25, 2016 at 11:07 am

The guys at Gamnesia are going apeshit because they got spoiled on a reveal.

That’s fucking hilarious.

But I am also willing to bet it’ll be even further watered down from Gen 6 since Masuda is obsessed with the mobile crowd

20. Ero-Sennin
    Ero-Sennin
    February 25, 2016 at 11:08 am

Hope it’s legit!

21. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    February 25, 2016 at 11:29 am

I promised myself I wouldn’t pick up the last gen, but I did anyway. The lack of a decent post-game and no Game Corners really tempts me actually ignore the games from now on.

The main campaigns are fun, but online is a joke. The game seriously needs a decent varied meta. Or at the very least ELO match-making.

22. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    February 25, 2016 at 11:30 am

Or Eclipse.

23. LaserCatsAreAwesome
    LaserCatsAreAwesome
    February 25, 2016 at 11:33 am

Pokémon Dwarf Planet and Pokémon Supermassive Black Hole

24. Neojames82
    Neojames82
    February 25, 2016 at 11:55 am

Well they make the combat actually interesting?

25. 萌えゲー
    萌えゲー
    February 25, 2016 at 12:14 pm

萌え~♡

26. rBeowulf
    rBeowulf
    February 25, 2016 at 12:16 pm

In the NA version translated by treehouse, all NPCs will speak exclusively in memes. All females will be wearing pokemon-themed burkas

27. Neojames82
    Neojames82
    February 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm

“Like a burka boss!!!” Ugh, sorry that hurt a little to do that…

28. Yabloko Molloco San
    Yabloko Molloco San
    February 25, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I was already fed up with that “2 versions of the same game” before Ruby/Saphire were a thing.

29. TheMaverickGamer
    TheMaverickGamer
    February 25, 2016 at 12:34 pm

I knew they would announce a new title tomorrow. It’d be stupid not to. I’m looking ti them, but hopefully these actually have a legitimate post-game to them. X and Y fell off a cliff after the credits rolled.

30. Johnathon
    Johnathon
    February 25, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I can’t wait for moon version

31. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    February 25, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Yeah 6 IV dlc 10.99 per stat!

32. scemar
    scemar
    February 25, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Brilliant move from Nintendo to announce a direct, and then drop this without warning or details.

Yeah now we all know they’ll announce new games and it’s being reported everywhere.
    Good use of viraling Nintendo.

But I didn’t enjoy X/Y, despite being a huge fan of the franchise in its past, so I’ll just watch cautiously.

33. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    February 25, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Hah, there’s no Y version you assholes!!

34. Uncle Slick
    Uncle Slick
    February 25, 2016 at 3:04 pm

POKEMON THEMED BURKAS!!!

THE LAUGHING WON’T STOP!!!!!

35. heroyaldog
    heroyaldog
    February 25, 2016 at 3:49 pm

you’re asking for features that just don’t make sense in the ultra casual experience that is pokemon

36. deadeye
    deadeye
    February 25, 2016 at 4:12 pm

I’ve been a big fan of pokemon, but I dunno if I can play “just another” pokemon game. Especially after playing games like Yo-Kai Watch and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth that do very similar things, but better.

X and Y are fine games, but they just felt like a totally by the books game. Black and White actually managed to have a somewhat decent story and shook up a few of it’s own conventions, but then X and Y went back to just humdrum pokemon. Mega evolutions are cool, I guess.

Yo-Kai Watch is pretty popular with the kids, and it’s my hope that it starts cutting into Pokemon’s kid fanbase. Yo-Kai Watch probably stands the best chance of being a direct competitor.

Until then, I fully expect this game to have three starters, one fire, one grass, one water. You’ll fight 8 element themed gym leaders. You’ll have a rival that wants to be as strong as you and a buddy that is not as serious. Along your adventures, you’ll learn the value of friendship and all that. You’ll fight some bad group that wants to do something nefarious, and they plan to use some legendary pokemon to accomplish their goals. Then when you finally beat them, and catch the legendary pokemon, you’ll finish up your quest by taking on the Elite Four. Only wild card here is postgame. Some pokemon games have a lot of content, some don’t.

Then I fully expect review sites to give reviews in the range of 7/10 to 9/10, and at the end of the year get nominated for best handheld game by a variety of websites and game award shows.

37. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    February 25, 2016 at 4:30 pm

If they don’t rip more stuff out, with how Gamefreak is, I’m gonna avoid reading text either way if I bother with G7 at all.

38. scemar
    scemar
    February 25, 2016 at 6:38 pm

It could be a leak, or a “leak” they let out to build hype, or even a fake decoy leak.

39. scemar
    scemar
    February 25, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I personally don’t mind the overall formula but have grown bored of how stale the execution of everything in between it feels and how boringly braindead the gameplay has turned.

40. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    February 25, 2016 at 7:28 pm

I don’t know what you’re playing, Pokemons main campaign’s a joke too.

41. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    February 25, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Well true.

42. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    February 25, 2016 at 8:24 pm

The problem with Pokemon isn’t really the formula, its how overly simplified they’ve been trying to make everything. They want it more like gen 1 and 2, just with more features.

Now that wouldn’t be a bad thing by itself, but they keep taking a step back with things. Like with the gym leaders, they were a bigger part of the story last gen, even saving your butt at one point, but in X&Y most are literally just there, they don’t even leave the gym. You actually see more character development in ORAS.

43. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    February 25, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Well, it makes more sense

44. Richard Miller
    Richard Miller
    February 25, 2016 at 10:08 pm

That’s one cool moon.

45. Guin
    Guin
    February 26, 2016 at 12:07 am

Oh boy, I can’t wait for Gamefreak to keep reinventing the wheel while taking out the rims and tires and replacing them with inferior ones.

The sad thing is, I’m still going to buy it like the Pokebitch that I am.

46. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    February 26, 2016 at 1:16 am

All it’s good for is NPCs and regret.

47. CoarseHock
    CoarseHock
    February 26, 2016 at 6:00 am

Fourteen years old is like three times a squid’s expected lifespan!