We’ve learned (via ZhugeEX) that Koei Tecmo’s Attack on Titan collaboration is not the only big IP they’re working on.
The publisher confirmed in their latest financial results that a new collaborative game is in development. It’s based on a “big western IP,” and it’s described as a “large-scale” collaboration.
Koei Tecmo has been successful with collaborative titles, and they have quite a few on the way, including:
- Arslan: The Warriors of Legend
- Attack on Titan
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy arcade
- Yo-kai Watch X Romance of the Three Kingdoms
They’ve even set up an entire new department just for setting up and managing these new collaborative titles. We’ve also learned the latest sales data for Koei Tecmo’s most recent game releases, including:
- Arslan: The Warriors of Legend – 60,000 units sold in Japan and Asia
- Nights of Azure – 150,000 units sold in Japan and Asia
- Samurai Warriors 4: Empires – 100,000 units sold in Japan and Asia
- Dead or Alive 5: Core Fighters – four million downloads worldwide
It’s worth mentioning that Koei Tecmo previously said they would consider a Star Wars musou game, if fans demand it enough.
What kind of big western IP are you hoping Koei Tecmo is working on? Sound off in the comments below!