Enjoy the New Revealed Opening Movie for Steins;Gate 0

5pb. has revealed the opening movie for Steins;Gate 0 during its Steins;Gate 0 at this year’s Tokyo Game Show.

Featured above, you can view the game’s opening cinematic. A new piece of artwork was also shown off during the event, featuring characters Suzuha Amane and Kagari Shiina, which you can view below:

steins gate 0 09-20-15-2

Steins;Gate 0 is launching across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in Japan on November 19th.

, , ,

1. Nicholas Scovelle
    Nicholas Scovelle
    September 20, 2015 at 6:14 pm

so much foreshadowing

2. Misogynerd
    Misogynerd
    September 20, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Does Steins;Gate really need a sequel/prequel? It was a very plot focused game/anime, not really sure we need a Steins;Gate expanded universe. I felt the same way about Persona 4.

Although as long as Moeka and Suzuha appear, I can be satisfied wink wink.

3. SolidSalamander
    SolidSalamander
    September 21, 2015 at 12:14 am

As much as I love Steins;Gate and it’s anime adaption, did we REALLY need a sequel after all that took place in the VN? I’m mean I love S;G, so I guess I’m looking forward to it, though it won’t see the light of English for probably god-knows-how-many-years like the original VN.

So, cool, I guess…

4. Juan Andrés Valencia
    Juan Andrés Valencia
    September 21, 2015 at 1:27 am

It’s basically a sidestory that takes place in the Beta world line. It’s not canon AFAIK (The movie IS canon).

5. Nagato
    Nagato
    September 21, 2015 at 5:02 am

Oh hey, it’s you!

Still not quite feeling the song itself, but I do like the meaning behind the lyrics. So thank you for that.

6. Phelan
    Phelan
    September 21, 2015 at 5:10 am

It’s rather “midquel”.

It explains what happened on beta attractor field somewhere between the start of Steins;Gate and the True Ending of it.

So yeah… Steins;Gate as it is… is already perfect and doesn’t need anything more.

BUT explaining what happened in the middle will add only to that perfection :)

7. Phelan
    Phelan
    September 21, 2015 at 5:14 am

Yes we do :)

As Juan said it explains what happened in Beta atractor field. We don’t know what happened there. We know only begining and ending.

Steins;Gate 0 explains what happened in the middle of it. So it’s not sequel… nor prequel. It’s midquel.

8. Nagato
    Nagato
    September 21, 2015 at 5:14 am

Nah, this should very much be canon, as the events of Zero will likely turn out to be what sets episodes 22 and 23 of the anime into motion.

Also, I think the OVA and movie sit on a somewhat lower tier of canon, seeing how they seem to have been created independently by the the team that adapted the story into anime format in the first place.

9. John Fartface
    John Fartface
    September 21, 2015 at 10:00 am

It looks like he is about to pull her into a dark alley to rape her. I am offended by the thumb nail and their was no triggr warning

10. SolidSalamander
    SolidSalamander
    September 21, 2015 at 11:36 am

Oh, I see….that’s pretty interesting then. At least they aren’t messing with the canon, so I’m happy just knowing that. Too bad it’ll still probably be forever until an english release

11. SolidSalamander
    SolidSalamander
    September 21, 2015 at 11:37 am

Oh okay, that’s neat then.

I still haven’t seen the movie ;_;

12. Phelan
    Phelan
    September 21, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Well I don’t really understand what you mean by “canon”. :)

Both Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 were written by Naotaka Hayashi… which pretty much automatically makes those canon.

It’s not spin-off or filler. It’s main game.

SPOILER:
    . This should be safe.

Steins;Gate 0 just like I said is midquel. It explains what happened in the middle of Steins;Gate but from different perspective.

We watched everything from the perspective of Okabe who went to Alpha atractor field, and returned to it by cancelling last Mail.

BUT in True Ending you get to know who killed Christina right? And than “future” Okabe helps you explaining that you needed to follow his own steps to make it possible to change the future.

In Steins;Gate 0 you are that “future” Okabe. It explains what happened somewhere in the middle of the time after you realised who killed here and before you sent this mail to yourself.

Hence it’s not changing anything in original story. Of course there are probably other ending which would end up de-railing the Steins;Gate. But from what I understand true ending of Steins;Gate 0 should bring you to the point where Steins;Gate ended.

I hope that it explains.

13. SolidSalamander
    SolidSalamander
    September 21, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I get it now. Thanks haha. It’s been a while since I dipped into anything Steins;Gate related.

14. Phelan
    Phelan
    September 21, 2015 at 4:04 pm

The pleasure is mine. :)

The more people will want Steins;Gate 0 the bigger chance that I will someday play it for myself.