A small indie studio based out of Turin, Italy named 34BigThings have been working on a fantastic looking futuristic racer.
Featured above, you can view the latest trailer for Redout, which has seen a lot of improvement since the game’s first trailer went live fourth months ago. 34BigThings cite classic racing games like F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD for their inspiration behind Redout.
They promise there will be “no bollocks,” you just get in the ship and “slam that throttle,” to which you’ll get an uncompromising, “fast, tough, and satisfying driving experience.” It definitely seems to capture that feel, while still looking gorgeous in Unreal Engine 4.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Career mode. Race against the AI, climb the ranks and upgrade your hovership.
- 5 racing teams, each featuring a hovership with unique driving traits.
- 25 racetracks distributed between 5 environments
- 7 event types: Time Attack, Speed, Survival, Race, Last Man Standing, Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance
- Powerup system: install and upgrade an EPP (Extra Power Pool), EPSS (Enhanced Protection Shield System), FRD (Faster Respawn Device), and more, to gain a tactical advantage and better support your racing style
- AI and local multiplayer up to 4 players.
Despite the team at 34BigThings shifting the release window from Q3 to Q4 of this year, they’re still working hard at releasing the game this year. For now, they’re continuing their “show it, don’t tell it” approach to development, and will update us when the time comes.
Make sure to visit the official website for Redout, to check out some more artwork and information. For now, we’ll keep you guys posted.