We’ve learned (via Famitsu) that a new game in the RPG Maker series is being developed for PC and Mac.
Titled simply RPG Maker MV, the latest in the ongoing DIY-RPG series has some new features coming with it.
- Side-view battles are now a default option
- Support for multiple devices
- Mouse and touch controls are both supported
- A huge increase on the limit of items allowed in your database
- Maps are now automatically three layers
- Games can now run in high resolution
It’s a bit early to get your hopes up for an English release, however, it seems Enterbrain is open to third parties licensing and localizing their games, as RPG Maker 2003 was recently launched on Steam, in English.
A release date wasn’t confirmed – but we’ll keep you guys posted.