Though Night of the Raven certainly added quite a bit to the already content heavy (And dare I opine, stunningly perfect) Gothic 2, there is always room for more. Especially when you’re dealing with one of the most well-respected and beloved CRPGs of all time. Such was the plan when Polish modders created a fan-made expansion to Piranha Bytes’ classic game. The downside was, naturally, that it wasn’t in English and we non-polish speaking Gothic fans couldn’t enjoy it.
That ends today with news that the mod has been fully translated to English and is available for download.
A quick run down of the mod for the uninitiated:
- In this mod we play as the Nameless Hero who leaves Myrtana, where the war was finally over, to get back to Khorinis to recall the good old times of his adventures. When he finally arrives to the town, he learns that something strange is happening in Jharkendar: the Paladins want get rid of the pirates but also, there’s the threat of a plague sent by Beliar. Of course, the Hero decides to go there and restore some order…
- 10-20 hours of gameplay (4 chapters, 100 quests)
- new story that involves our old friends
- Jharkendar with three new camps
- the choice of one of the three available guilds (Paladin, Mage of Water, Orc mercenary)
- innovative quests, new skills, four levels of difficulty
- improved graphics, a lot of new textures, 3D models and some animations
- Polish voice-recording
- easter eggs
You can download the mod directly from its Mod Database page.