Koei Tecmo has Trademarked Deception: The Nightmare Princess in Europe

deception iv another princess 2014-12-18 14

We’ve learned that Koei Tecmo is seemingly localizing the enhanced version of Deception IV, which we’ve known as Deception IV: The Other Princess.

The news comes from trademarks (via NeoGAF) for both “Deception” and “The Nightmare Princess,” which both were filed in Europe on April 16th. While the former is simply the name of the series, the latter is clearly related to the updated version, which launched in Japan last month across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita.

In related news, a Best Buy listing might have also leaked a localization for Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence, on PlayStation 4.

We’ll keep you guys posted.

1. TheCynicalReaper
    TheCynicalReaper
    April 18, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Nifty. I’m down for whatever TK wants to put out, and the previous Deception titles were fun.

2. Narmy
    Narmy
    April 18, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I’ve had my eye on Deception IV since its release, but held off on buying it after I found out about the enhanced version. Glad to see we’re getting this one as well.

April 18, 2015 at 10:50 pm

I picked up the vita version for $20 but I might double dip if I really like it.

4. Dammage
    Dammage
    April 19, 2015 at 12:14 am

TK fastly becoming the best Vita supporter. Toukiden Kiwami is fun as fuck

5. Takua343
    Takua343
    April 19, 2015 at 1:01 am

>dat ass
    Also cant wait for this

April 19, 2015 at 3:44 am

Awesome. I do hope there is a safe transfer from the previous game. Given how they handled Toukiden Kiwami I’m mildly optimistic.

7. Phelan
    Phelan
    April 19, 2015 at 5:32 am

It’s one of those games that I didn’t even manage to complete.

Don’t get me wrong… it’s not because it was hard or anything. But because game was painfully mediocre and there was nothing really which would keep me playing. I really wanted to have fun with it… and I even had low expectations. All in all it became the only Vita game which I didn’t beat.

Bad plot, bad variety of traps, very repetetive…

So I’m kinda suprised that they decided to localize it… probably would be better to just localize something else.

8. DariusQ
    DariusQ
    April 20, 2015 at 11:36 am

Man, do my udders hurt. I should just stop buying TK games until they’ve exhausted all the enhancements.