Gravity Rush Remaster is Rated for Playstation 4

gravity rush 03-20-15-2

It seems like the new Gravity Rush project is actually a Playstation 4 port of the original.

A rating for Gravity Rush Remastered has surfaced on the Korean Rating Board, for Playstation 4. As the rating implies, this is most likely simply a remastering of the game, with improved assets and performance on the Playstation 4.

Despite a hopeful teaser trailer, the platform and conditions for the new Gravity rush project is still unconfirmed. For now, we’ll keep you guys posted.

1. XiaomuArisu
    XiaomuArisu
    March 20, 2015 at 8:42 am

Still hope that the teaser was for a sequel…

2. BeholdMyPower
    BeholdMyPower
    March 20, 2015 at 8:51 am

I’m in there. This looked like a really interesting title but I wasn’t by a Vita just for it, so glad it’s coming to PS4.

3. Phelan
    Phelan
    March 20, 2015 at 9:14 am

I don’t like it!

It’s like sony “shouting abandon ship named Vita”.

The biggest reason why Vita never sold in West was because shit like this. First they didn’t bother to make exclusives for Vita, next they started making problems with every little fucking game (Gravity Rush was supposed to be digital only for EU)… and they didn’t even do anything to bring content from Japan.

I’m pissed at what they are doing. I WILL NOT buy another handheld from SONY, I would have to be really mad to even consider doing so… and I’m going to seriously think again about me buying PS4. Shit like this shouldn’t happen EVER. Might as well change my main system to either PC or Wii U (at least Nintendo cares)

4. PenguinPlayer
    PenguinPlayer
    March 20, 2015 at 9:30 am

I am conflicted. It always feels good when more people get the chance to experiment something you love, especially since the PS4 has a bigger userbase than the Vita, but there are many factors involved here, the most important to me it’s the Vita exclusive library, and Sony already removed Tearaway from it when they decided to port it to PS4.

I don’t have private information on Sony’s strategies, I wasn’t in the stockholder meetings, but this reeks of desperation. Sony was (probably still is) bleeding money when they released the PS4, the Vita’s low sales already hanging over them, when the PS4 sold really well they simply jumped ship and abandoned the Vita. Looks at Freedom Wars’ lack of content compared to other monster hunting games and abrupt ending that feels like they rushed it out of the door just so JAPANStudio could work on something they feel would actually be profitable and the zero marketing for Oreshika as well as porting Tearaway and you can clearly see there is no love lost between Sony and the Vita.

I don’t know how this will work for them long term, sure the PS4 is selling really well, but the Vita owners will certainly feel burned Sony now wants the Vita to basically be a glorified PS4 controller and we might be getting a repeat of the PSP: A handheld that sold enough on Japan to get a bunch of really good niche games and some high profile cool things on it that will never get localized because the west just flat out ignored it.

Eh, but I’m just ranting, screw that negativity! MORE GRAVITY RUSH, YAY!

5. NuclearCherries
    NuclearCherries
    March 20, 2015 at 9:32 am

Well, thanks for completely snubbing the Vita Sony.
    Why bother buying one of their handhelds, if they’re just going to abandon it?
    I hope they at least make Gravity Rush 2 for Vita, otherwise all hope is lost.

6. Sevuz
    Sevuz
    March 20, 2015 at 9:50 am

The Vita ain’t selling that well (if at all) here in the West. So it makes sense to port it over to the PS4 to make it sell again. The handheld market is dominated by the 3DS, smartphones and tablets.

7. Sevuz
    Sevuz
    March 20, 2015 at 9:50 am

The games seems fun. I will look forward to it.

8. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    March 20, 2015 at 9:51 am

Sony continues to shit on the Vita. Ugh. I think this pretty much confirms GR2 as a PS4 exclusive, unfortunately.

9. Phelan
    Phelan
    March 20, 2015 at 9:56 am

But again it was SONY alone who is responsible for it not selling.

If SONY did their job properly it would start selling like a hotcakes. But they didn’t, and shit like this only makes things worse.

10. Zizal
    Zizal
    March 20, 2015 at 10:31 am

I wish Nintendo cared. They talked a lot about the wii u gamepad but they never localized Zero which use the gamepad as a camera also there are many wii u and 3ds games didn’t get localized. They aren’t alone to blame but if they want to sell their system they have to find a way to get Sega , Square , Bandai and others to localize their games.

11. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    March 20, 2015 at 10:59 am

Id like to be positive about this, if anything they could now greenlight a crossplatform Gravity Rush 2 on both PS4 & PSVITA!

12. MaidKillua
    MaidKillua
    March 20, 2015 at 11:07 am

So, GR2 not coming to my Vita then… Sad times

13. Sevuz
    Sevuz
    March 20, 2015 at 11:29 am

Well that’s the curse of living in the west. But I fully understand that the handheld gaming console users are pissed. SONY here in the west has done a shitty job nursing the little VITA into shape. Special made memory cards that cost a bucket load and a limit amount of games would kill any platform.

14. landlock
    landlock
    March 20, 2015 at 11:30 am

Since it’s a Japanese game it’s more likely PS4/PSV. If we ever get one.

15. Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 20, 2015 at 3:48 pm

A remastering sounds ok, but you know what would actually be good?

A remake.

Gravity Rush had nice ideas but a lot of flaws or lacking areas where things could have been done better.
    If they’re just going to port the game and juice up the resolution they’re throwing away a good opportunity to make the game as good as it could have been originally.
    But hey it’s also cheaper, yay for easy money.

16. Morningstar
    Morningstar
    March 20, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Okay Now i start to wonder how they will do the controls (apart from keying the tilts to a gyroscope on the controller or something)

17. FalseTragedian
    FalseTragedian
    March 20, 2015 at 6:46 pm

DO NOT WANT!
    …Well, honestly, I’ll probably buy it, just because I love the game. But if this, and not GR2, is what that old teaser was for, I’m going to be furious.

18. buddyluv324
    buddyluv324
    March 20, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Playstation 4: The new port machine.

19. amc99
    amc99
    March 20, 2015 at 7:21 pm

F U SONY SO F MUCH

20. darke
    darke
    March 20, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Nintendo doesn’t care about you either; if they did they wouldn’t have region locked their consoles which only benefits the distributors.

21. pepsi
    pepsi
    March 21, 2015 at 5:14 pm

The worst part about news like these it’s that it pretty much cements that sony not only gave up on the vita but probably gave up on the handheld market as a whole.
    What a shame, the 3ds and vita are by far my favorite current consoles.