Compile Heart Launches a New and Very Blue Countdown Site

compile heart 02-19-15-1

Compile Heart has launched a curious new teaser website.

Featured above, the new “mystery countdown” website is very blue, and only prominently shows off a capital letter Q in the top right panel.

What could it be? A new Hyperdimension game? We’ll find out in seven days!

1. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    February 19, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I hate waiting, oh well hopefully it’s something good!

2. Game Guy
    Game Guy
    February 19, 2015 at 3:50 pm

didnt they have another one too? what happened with that?

3. Calvin Monteros
    Calvin Monteros
    February 19, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Maybe something to do with Omega Quintet?

4. MrAndrewJ
    MrAndrewJ
    February 19, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Three of the nine “boxes” are now showing something.

5. Silhouette
    Silhouette
    February 19, 2015 at 10:26 pm

The bottom left two are exposed now, and have the ‘Ni’ and ‘Shi’ characters, meaning two and death, if read individually. Apparently, they mean ‘Western’ if read together, according to Google Translate.

Anyone know what IPs have “Q” in them that Compile Heart might be releasing to the west, soon?

6. darke
    darke
    February 19, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Western? And this is why we don’t trust google translate. >.<

I think 二死 can be used for "two out" in baseball. And as someone else said the Q could relate to Omega Quintet.

Edit: Just for the record, by themselves 二 is "two" and 死 is "die/death", but the meaning can change a little if they're used in words.

7. Silhouette
    Silhouette
    February 19, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Well, I gave it the once around to be sure; I’m not terribly well-versed in kana, so I might be wrong.

I’ve seen 二死 be used for western, though. Like in 二死 互动百科, where I believe this translates to “Western Interactive Encyclopedia” although I’ve also seen the 西 kanji used to represent “nishi” to mean ‘West’ as a direction. I’ve also seen the ‘two outs’ phrase that you mention, but I’m not sure what that might apply to, in this case.

Besides, we know that Omega Quintet, as you mentioned, is supposed to be released to the West this year. It could potentially indicate that is happening at the end of all this.

I’ll defer to those with more experience than my own, however. I’m just excited. =)

8. darke
    darke
    February 20, 2015 at 12:09 am

Yeah, could certainly be a pun, though I can’t say I’ve likely got much more experience then you.

I just can’t see how it’ll be a western release announcement myself; it’d be odd for them to announce it on their Japanese site using Japanese puns, one would think that we’d more likely get an announcement from Iffy International about an international release.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was just an announcement of a sequel to Quintet or a Vita port or something. :P