Following the revelations from Famitsu, we now have new information pertaining to Persona 5, and some fantastic scans, courtesy of Dengeki (via Gematsu). The scans depict the protagonist, and his persona, Arsène.
- The protagonist and his friends attend a private high school, Shujin Academy. (“Shujin” is a word play on “shuujin”, which means “prisoner” in Japanese.)
- Gameplay takes place mostly in Shibuya. As one of our readers pointed out to us in their analysis of the first trailer, the characters in the lower-right corner of the train station scene read “Shibuya”. It’s possible the game takes place in Tokyo.
- Elements now intrinsically associated with Persona titles return: the calendar and weather systems will be present, as will the daily student life and lessons.
- As with previous Personas, the characters will dungeon crawl at night. Groups of monsters will again be represented symbolically in dungeons, and players will again engage them through contact. In order to avoid battles, players will have to avoid the dungeon’s wanderers, which they can do this time by sneaking.
- The group attack portrayed in the debut trailer is a confirmation that the All-Out Attack option is returning.
- Characters are said to always wear their masks during dungeon crawls, so expect news on the nature of those masks to be coming.
- Dengeki speculates that the Cooperation menu option will replace Social Links.
- Persona 5‘s soundtrack will be composed by Shoji Meguro, who’s going for something more acid jazz in this title.
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the first trailer for Persona 5.