Niche Gamer Plays—Mordheim: City of the Damned

Niche Gamer Plays is an ongoing video preview series where our staff take an in-depth and yet concise look at classic and upcoming games across all current gaming platforms.

With Mordheim: City of the Damned on Steam Early Access, we decided to play the game for a while and record some footage, with our own Chris Gregoria talking up the game’s strengths, and its possible weaknesses.

The game is a tactical RPG of sorts, developed by Rogue Factor, based on the Warhammer universe. It seems to be a pretty ambitious title. For more on Mordheim: City of the Damned, have a look at our posts under its tag.

This is also the first of our video coverage, the result of our Patreon reaching its video content funding goal, so this is a learning experience as we’ve never attempted doing something like this on a regular basis.

We’re trying to make sure our video content is as professional, informative, and fun as possible, so sound off in the comments below to let us know what you think of the video—and suggest what Niche Gamer should play in the future!

If you have any suggestions for a future Niche Gamer Plays video, please shoot us an email to Niche Gamer Plays @ Niche Gamer (click to open a new message with your preferred email provider), as we’re always looking to cover more gaming content!

Niche Gamer Staff

The premiere enthusiast gaming site and community for niche and unique video games across the globe.

1. Truomae
    Truomae
    January 16, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Pretty good video review. It was nicely put together and flowed decently well. The only thing that I think need work is that he sounded a little bit uncomfortable at a few points (mostly near the end), but that’s something that can be fixed by experience, so it isn’t too big of a deal.

2. Alexander Thomas
    Alexander Thomas
    January 16, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Oh god I loved the table top version years and years ago.. I so want this game!

3. Brandon Orselli
    January 16, 2015 at 10:55 pm

We’re all kind of new to this, maybe having done this sort of thing before just as hobbyists. We’re really going to try to continually raise the bar – have a nice intro blip and stuff.nnI really want to keep pushing for us to put out video content as aggressively as possible, while also being fun and professional about it.nnI’m going to be recording a January update for our Patreon, so expect that tomorrow or Sunday, plus we are planning on doing our podcast on Sunday too… although that’s audio only :P I will upload it to YT from now on.

4. Chris Gregoria
    Chris Gregoria
    January 17, 2015 at 12:45 am

Actually, it’s because I was sick, and doing my utmost not to cough! Fun little tidbit for you XD

5. DynastyStar
    DynastyStar
    January 17, 2015 at 6:09 am

looking forward to the game when it eventually comes out, but as I said in the youtube comments, I’m not touching it because Early Access. Happy to see a video on the NicheGamer youtube channel though :) Looking forward to seeing more.

6. ReaperX30
    ReaperX30
    January 17, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Looks really cool. I was curious about that game and now I know that it’s something I might be interested in. Thanks for the video, I’ll definitely follow the development of this game. A D&D game with those mechanics could be pretty awesome.

7. Gristle
    Gristle
    January 20, 2015 at 3:59 am

Really impressed with how they’ve implemented the table top rules. I’ll nwait for more features though. It’s such a great time to be a Turn Basedn RPG fan.