Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collector’s Edition Revealed, Comes with a 200 Page Manga

Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is getting a Collector’s Edition when it launches next March.

The Collector’s Edition (featured above in a new trailer) will set you back $99 / €89.99 and it comes with the following goodies:

final fantasy type-0 hd 12-12-14-1

• Golden SteelBook Case: Featuring illustrations by world-renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano, this premium case holds both the game and soundtrack CD.
  • Composer’s Selections Soundtrack: Includes 15 tracks hand-picked by the game’s composer, Takeharu Ishimoto.
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 Manga: A complete 200 page manga comic establishing the world and characters of the game.
  • 80-Page Art Book: Dive into the war-torn land of Orience through its illustrations and art renders.
  • Ace’s Cards: Five life-size replicas of the iconic cards held by Class Zero’s Ace.
  • Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Demo: Every copy of the Collector’s Edition includes a code for the Final Fantasy XV playable demo. Be among the first to play the game with your order of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

Regarding the Final Fantasy XV demo – Square Enix confirmed that it will be exclusive to the release of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and it will never be released as a separate download. While the Collector’s Edition comes with the demo, you can also get it with the “Day One” edition of the standard edition.

Finally, Square Enix confirmed that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD director Hajime Tabata is going to host a Reddit AMA on January 23rd at 10:00 a.m. PST, or 1:00 p.m. EST.

You can check out some trailers for the exclusive platform-specific sleeves, below:

Square Enix Store Europe Exclusive Sleeve (PS4)

Square Enix Store Europe Exclusive Sleeve (Xbox One)

1. Siveon
    Siveon
    December 12, 2014 at 7:15 am

They’re really trying to milk this, huh?

2. Phelan
    Phelan
    December 12, 2014 at 7:23 am

Does it come with Vita version of game?

No? What a pity, I’m not buying.

3. Xoranios Fellheart
    Xoranios Fellheart
    December 12, 2014 at 9:54 am

Would you stop b*tching about not having a Vita version, if you folks didn’t realize that the game wouldn’t have made it to the west if not for the fans who repeatedly asked SE to localize the game to the western territories.

I have a hunch that most of us would have been happy if it was brought to the PSP because that was the original platform the game was released on.

People need to be more thankful of what we get instead of expecting more and more each day.

But as far as the package goes, I think it’s overpriced, they could have made multiple versions of collectors editions, one around $75 and one around $100 like this one. But it’s really a bitter pill to swallow, not even getting the full soundtrack for that amount of money, even if there is an artbook + anime included, it’s just a lot, the game itself being a remastered port of a psp game.

4. Sylveria Shini
    Sylveria Shini
    December 12, 2014 at 10:42 am

Pre-ordered… I feel so dirty.

5. Phelan
    Phelan
    December 12, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Than how about stop being lil’bitch bitching about people who asked for that game? No it wasn’t PS4 owners who asked for that game, get it? It was us the PSP and later on Vita owners.

Thankful? For what? Am i getting it for free or what? No they are failing to deliver the product that fans asked for! And that was Vita version of game, and only that. We didn’t ask for anything else. We didn’t ask for PS4 version… nor wed didn’t ask them to cut off multiplayer from game.

What is worse they are asking for a fucking 70 EUR/USD for a old PSP game. Are you really that naive, to do them rimjob just because they showed middle finger to those who really asked for that game and just went and treated people like a cash bags? Really? For Vita or PSP game they wouldn’t even dare to ask for that stupidly sick price.

So stop being lil’bitch bitching about what other says. You have no right to insult anyone by saying that he is “bitching” get it?

6. daggot
    daggot
    December 12, 2014 at 8:19 pm

no vita no buy

7. Longtooth
    Longtooth
    December 13, 2014 at 6:06 am

The PS4 is a more powerful platform than PSP or Vita though.
    It is better to have it on the PS4.

8. Xoranios Fellheart
    Xoranios Fellheart
    December 13, 2014 at 6:07 am

Oh wow, somebody is butthurt for me using a synonym for “whining”. I didn’t realize it was that offending Lol, I don’t even have a PS4 yet, so don’t try to place me in that group.

By the way, people were asking for a PSP version, since translations were already made and almost done, but then the production was halted due to the PSP slowing down in sales in the US and EU. SE had the power, but unfortunately they centered it elsewhere in the company.

It’s when the PS Vita came out, people assumed SE would be so generous to re-release it on that platform.
    It didn’t matter, even if they still released it on the PSP i bet most of us would have been happy.

The reason they’re releasing it on PS4 is because they want a larger install base of consoles (especially in Japan) when FFXV releases so they can reach a larger audience. The in-house development organization of SE is not doing very well, so they thought it would be the best strategy.

I understand that the multiplayer removal is not that cool, but at least they incorporated elements of it to the single player campaign: (from wikipedia)

“For Type-0 HD, the multiplayer option was removed during optimization for consoles, and types of magic previously only available in multiplayer were incorporated into the single-player campaign.[25][27] Additional chararcter costumes made available through demos and downloadable content in the original version were included in Type-0 HD as unlockables, along with costumes unique to the HD version.”

But how did that multiplayer mode work? With ad-hoc I bet? IMO, That’s a pretty much useless system anyway. I for one, don’t, have any IRL friends who’d play this with me, they don’t like the FF universe; let alone finding people out here who are interested in doing this. I’ve wished so many times that somebody could come or I’d go to them and we battled in Dissidia for hours…

Oh and about it being that much money, I suppose you didn’t read my entire comment properly did you?

Like I said: It IS expensive, not just for it being a collectors edition, but also because: it’s just a lot, the game itself being a remastered port of a psp game.

At least I’m glad that we’ll be able to play this game, no matter if it’s a remaster with some elements changed.
    Did you forget that quite a lot of people asked for dual audio, guess you’re not one of them, since it’s included. In a PSP version, that wouldn’t have happened.
    Oh yea, and they included more difficulty modes, so people who’re not that good in these action styles games get the chance to enjoy it all the way to the ending.

We’ll see how the game turns out in the end, maybe it could be a half-arsed job, but from what I’ve seen of the game itself it’ll turn out nicely (I hope).

So your commentary is just burning yourself, I’ll have this to say in a reaction:

You try to attack me with flames and fire? Keep going, but you simply cannot keep fire alive forever, it’s a form energy/chemistry, water on the opposite, is substance and mass, it can endure without the need of an energy source, it can take different forms according to it’s temperature, it adapts.
    Your fire will die down eventually, whilst my water shall lay silently in a small pool, fly through the air and freeze the land when winter comes.

9. Phelan
    Phelan
    December 13, 2014 at 9:48 am

Yeah because saying that someone “whines” or that he is “bitching” is so fucking polite? It’s not insulting at all! Sure it is not picking up fight with other @[email protected]

Maybe you shouldn’t use words that you have no idea what they mean. I wouldn’t say anything if you would say that people are “complaining”… but you acted like lil’ self-entitled bitch. Maybe you didn’t want to do it… but that’s what you did. And that’s the reason why I replied to you using same tone you used.

Aye people were asking for PSP version and later on Vita. Nobody asked for PS4 version.

“The in-house development organization of SE is not doing very well, so they thought it would be the best strategy.”

Are you also that greatful for FF VII “remake” on PS4?

Why should I be greatful to company that doesn’t care about what fans were asking for. Square Enix as we loved ended in 2001 when Sakaguchi resigned. Since that time they didn’t do single thing for fans. Not a single thing. They didn’t release PSP version just because they wouldn’t earn as much as they wanted. That’s the only reason. They still would earn on it, let’s remember that more people owned PSP back than than now PS4.

And no it wasn’t Ad-hoc only it was normal multiplayer. You were restricted to ad-hoc only if you were playing on PSP 1k. And just because you don’t have any friends (not suprised seing how behave) who would play with you it doesn’t mean that others are like you.

“In a PSP version, that wouldn’t have happened.”
    And why is that o.O? Are you forgetting that it was released on 2 UMDs? That’s 3.6 GB of free space. Type-0 used only 2.3 GB. We even already know that dubbing included in type-0 HD was made for PSP version. This game was ready to be released back than.

“Oh yea, and they included more difficulty modes, so people who’re not
    that good in these action styles games get the chance to enjoy it all
    the way to the ending.”

And that comes from a guy (Heath Hindman) who played PSP version and loved it.

Stop acting like a crusader who must slay all infidels. That’s how you are acting. You are the one who started picking up fight with others, not me. That was your aim, wasn’t it? Why else would you act like self-entitled bitch saying that others are “whining” or “bitching”?

From what you said it shows that you have no idea about Type-0 on PSP. And I don’t plan to spend any single second more on you. So please do me a favour and don’t reply. I won’t even read it.

10. Phelan
    Phelan
    December 13, 2014 at 9:49 am

Aye, and PC is more powerful than PS4…so what?

Type-0 is PSP game… it won’t be any better than if it was relased on PS3 or Vita.

11. Longtooth
    Longtooth
    December 13, 2014 at 10:35 am

I do not see how the PC being more powerful than PS4 is relevant.
    The game being on a more powerful platform means better graphics and better framerate.

12. Phelan
    Phelan
    December 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

(facepalm)

Type-0 HD wouldn’t even use full potential of PS3… and you are saying that it will be better just because it is on PS4? Care to explain how did you manage to reach that flawed logic?

Look lad, take a look at Persona 5. It will land both on PS3 and PS4… being on PS4 it doesn’t mean that it will look any better than PS3 version.

Releasing game on more powerful console doesn’t mean that game will be automatically better. Does Natural Doctrine looks better on PS4? Does LBP 3 look any better on PS4? Does Teslagard looks better on PS4?

Just because something is released on PS4 doesn’t mean that it will have better graphics than if it would on PS3 or Vita.

I will use the words of Heath Hindeman who played Type-0 HD on gaming show.

“Given how good both the PS3 and Vita versions of Final Fantasy X looked, I never expected Type-0 to be this rough. Some games are current-gen exclusive because the PS3 and 360 simply wouldn’t have been able to handle them, but FF Type-0 HD is an example of one that’s exclusive to PS4 and Xbox One simply because reasons.”

Those reasons are simply :

1. Square Enix want to sell PS4 in Japan, because right now it is not selling one damn bit. ATM IT IS DEAD, DEAD AS DEAD CAN BE. It is loosing nearly every week to 4 years old Vita in Japan. That’s the reason. If they won’t force people to buy PS4 than their battleship called FF XV will sink like a rock.
    2. They messed up with FF XV. It is only in 50% done. It won’t be released in 2015 for sure, most probably people will have to wait for it till 2016. And they want to release for PS4 at least “something” with FF title. It doesn’t matter what… That is why we will see Type-0 HD and FF X HD and FF VII PC version. Just because they messed up and failed to deliver new game.

I don’t like being forced to anything, nor being treated like a fool. I’m not a pawn in their marketing play.

So please… stop with this naivety… them releasing it on PS4 won’t mean that it is next-gen.

13. Longtooth
    Longtooth
    December 13, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Persona 5 has not come out yet, so any comments about that is just speculation.
    Natural doctrine and Teslagrad are both games that did not try to improve the graphics when they came over to PS4 so they are a different issue. I do not know what LBP 3 is so i can not answer that one.
    Type-0 HD is a port that tries to improve the graphics It unlike those games that you mentioned will look better.
    Another example is Dynasty Warriors 8, it looked a lot better on PS4 than on PS3.
    But the main issue seems to be if Vita can handle Type-0 HD.
    I do not believe it can since this game uses High definition textures and the PS3 can not handle that with it`s 0,5Gb memory, and since the Vita is slightly weaker than the PS3, it should not be able to handle it either.
    I also do not think it would be able to handle a smooth 60 frames a second, just look at Border Lands 2 for PS3 and Vita, the Vita version had a quite a bit worse framerate than the PS3 one.
    So it is clear that the Vita is too weak to handle this HD version.

14. Xoranios Fellheart
    Xoranios Fellheart
    December 13, 2014 at 2:06 pm

That’s great, not reading commentary anymore, that must make me a bad guy for still answering, right?

I could care less about that, I do this so that others might read my opinion about this and to counter argue with what you threw back ;-)

Using insults is not helping the discussion further, so let’s toss that aside and I’m sorry if I sounded offending to people in my earlier comment.

My thought was that people should at least show a bit of respect instead of instantly damning the title because there’s no vita version.

What would I possibly gain in defense of SE? Nothing… Still, making all those prejudices on the game being half arsed without it not even being released properly, I dunno…

SE nowadays reminds me somewhat of EA, making bad decisions for consumers whilst every now and then pumping out a great game nonetheless. But EA is a publisher, not a producer as well, which puts SE in a worse position looking at this from a business perspective.

“Ok… and you say it is alright to treat people like a pawns in their business… I hope that you are not delusional thinking that they are releasing Type-0 because (PSP/PSV) fans were asking for it. They are doing it for themselves. Should I be greatful for it? Why?”

– I don’t fully comprehend that first sentence, but I suppose you mean that we’re just pawns to SE, with all the games they release, we buy instantly?

In my case you’re wrong, looking at the catalog of games I have is that I only burned myself on FFXIII, but back then I wasn’t immersed in reviews and such, also FFXIII itself is not that bad, it’s just the universe and characters that are blasphemy to the FF-saga.

Never purchased XIII-2 or Lightning Returns, same goes for XIV even if it’s not a bad game, subscription models itch me too much. It’s also not my fault that recent releases have been lackluster, I didn’t support them, not even a release of older titles on mobile platforms swayed me.

Tell me how many times some JP-only releases get localized after a while, especially for PSP-only titles, just look up how many games we don’t have out here in the west. That we get a title such as Type-0 after many years seems like a token of appreciation, even if it is on a different platform.

But recently we’re getting more games localized, that’s a pretty good thing, perhaps the reasons being that production costs have increased more and more for these new systems. To shove this example already in the garbage bin is a bit over the top if you ask me.

“Are you also that greatful for FF VII “remake” on PS4?”

– No, everybody probably thinks that stunt was a stupid and a waste, not to mention how much it hurt the fans who thought the remake was becoming a reality.

“Why should I be greatful to company that doesn’t care about what fans were asking for. Square Enix as we loved ended in 2001 when Sakaguchi resigned.”

– I’m not so sure many disliked FFVII Crisis Core, Dissidia (original and 012), FFXI (despite it being an MMO styled game), FFXII (which is a critically acclaimed game, yet it’s not a popular title).

“Are you forgetting that it was released on 2 UMDs?”

I forgot about the fact that it was released on 2 UMD’s, but still… would SE have released it with dual audio like that? It would be kind of be a disservice towards the JP-release, not that people in Japan would use the English dubs, but you know what I’m getting at…

“Oh great… final fantasy now supporting morons. Nowadays they can’t even release classics without cheat engine. Nobody is forcing anyone to play the game. If it is too hard, than don’t play it. Old Final Fantasy games at least were challenging…”

– So labeling players who’re not that good as you as morons is certainly helping you further that argument.

This doesn’t mean you can’t play it on a higher difficulty, they still have the hardest mode available in this version, so what’s to complain about?

Also, not every “newer” FF game was that easy, Feral Chaos as a final boss in Dissida 012 was perhaps one of the most intense battles in recent FF games, the reason mainly being because my characters weren’t the best for it, though I pushed on and eventually beat him. I’ve played many hard games and I really enjoy a hard challenge, but that doesn’t mean we can’t let others enjoy it as well.

“From what we already heard it is half-assed job. That’s the problem. It doesn’t look good on PS4, it really show that this game was designed to be Vita game when they decided to re-release it… it really is.”

Remember what I said about prejudices, we’ll see if it’s good or not, the final judgement can be put on it once we play it.

Looks are one thing, gameplay is another, the latter being more important here, well at least for me it is, also if the game runs fine and smooth what do the “Next Gen” graphics mean really? If we look at remasters of other games, they show their age as well, no matter how well they increase pixel density for each thing shown on screen or how well it runs. (looking @Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, not to mention Silent Hill HD *bleeughhh*).

Sure the game could have looked better, but that would mean building the game from the ground up again. I’m not so worried about it looking like an older title, the sole reason: looking at it’s heritage seems justifiable.

Also, isn’t it possible to play the game on Vita nonetheless due to remote-play? I have no idea, but I certainly hope it does. Perhaps that may satisfy your desires if that is the case.

“Stop acting like a crusader who must slay all infidels.”

Again, what would be my ulterior motive for stating my views. It’s the amount of vitriol towards this title that I find distasteful. Does my embrace of this game on another platform (still Playstation) make me in some way “entitled”? Compared to the comments I see on every Youtube video concerning this game not being on the Vita, you contradict your own statements to what I can comprehend.

Skipping needless insults…

“From what you said it shows that you have no idea about Type-0 on PSP. And I don’t plan to spend any single second more on you.”

Maybe I don’t know everything about it because I never had a copy? The only thing that I forgot about the original was type-0 being released on 2 UDM’s, which doesn’t mean I know nothing about it. Based on that you really like to cherry pick out arguments, then assume the worst possible motive behind it. All that negativity is bad for your health, you should look more on the bright side of things.

After reading all that it seems to me that your intentions drive towards boycotting SE for this “act of betrayal”, looking at your responses in the article you linked. That’s certainly going to prevent a massive amount of people not buying this game even if they wanted to play it all these years, great job you’re doing.

Eventually time will tell, not looking into some crystal ball so we’ll see who’s right.

Should I be wrong in the end, I’m probably willing to drown my expectations of FFXV or KH3, which would hurt my heart pretty bad…

Tell you what, my goals are far from what you think of me, recently I posted a reply on a certain video, where people in the comments were flaming at each other for some guy who offered $20,000 on a limited PS4 (20th aniversary edition), I had this to say:

“I don’t understand why people have to #@%$! around it, flaming each other with insults, to all my dismay.

Sometimes, just sometimes… I wished the internet would just be gone poof! so people wouldn’t treat each other like this anymore, thinking it’s fun or the right thing to do.

I hope, there might come a day, when gamers unite under one SINGLE banner, no matter what platform you’re on, treat each other with respect and dignity no matter how you look, where you’re from or what you enjoy, etc.

We’re starting to see it come reality bit by bit, the catalyst being a controversy most of us know of by now. We can’t let this die off now; once it’s passed, we should be grateful for what people (being developers) have put their hard work in, and not slander it with vile and obnoxious commentary that holds no credibility, the same goes for fellow gamers who prefer or just play on different platforms.”

Think before you slam a label on others who disagree with you and spare the insults and that ad-hominem attack, it’ll work out much better, you’ll see ;-)