So you’re a regular visitor at Niche Gamer? The obscure games, the niche games, the weird games, whatever you want to call them—we love them and we know you love them as well. We only cover these games on our regular feed, and we only cover them on our podcast, too.
Niche News of the Week
- Nintendo Teams Up with Playboy to Promote Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo Wanted to Make Even Sexier Nintendo Costumes for Bayonetta 2
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song is Being Localized into English in Asia
- Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea is Heading West in 2015
- Stella Glow is Revealed as Imageepoch’s 10th Anniversary Game on 3DS
- Survive the Procedurally Generated Bermuda Triangle in Lost Sea
- The Technical Alpha for Kingdom Come: Deliverance is Now Available
- The Dark Knight is Coming with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s Heavensward Expansion
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse is Coming West in February of 2015
- 3D Realms is Back, Celebrate Their Lineage with the 3D Realms Anthology
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round is Coming Next February
Topic of the Week
We wrote about how Gawker media is run by a bunch of moronic and baseless hate mongers, and how #GamerGate has gotten a lot of big companies to pull their advertisements from the website. The response to this has been fascinating. Many people outside of #GamerGate describe the movement as a leaderless revolt tainted with misogyny, say that it can never escape its past with Zoe Quinn, and that it can never rise above its problem of leaderlessness—anyone can be a member, and thus, anyone can join in and start trolling, or even threatening people.
We chat about this after our regular news talk, and we try to deduce why the mainstream media seems to be unanimous in their blatant lack of neutrality. They all seem to be chasing after the newest boogeyman. The amusing irony of their supposedly progressive campaigning within the gaming community and industry has mostly just shown existing gaming enthusiasts that a clear bias is being set. Games that a select collusive and influential few disagree with or dislike are either curiously omitted from coverage, or are shamed into submission. This isn’t about inclusion, it’s about what they decide is right. We have a discussion about that.
Enjoy our podcast below, or download it here (right click and save as).
Please Leave Feedback and Ask Us Questions
Please write in to Niche Gamer-cast @ Niche Gamer (click to open a new message with your preferred email provider) with any questions, comments, music recommendations, and so on that you guys have. We will respond to any emails we get on the air during the next show!