So you’re a regular visitor at Niche Gamer? The obscure games, the niche games, the weird games, whatever you want to call them—we love them and we know you love them as well. We only cover these games on our regular feed, and we only cover them on our podcast, too.
Niche News of the Week
- Enjoy a Thought-Provoking Interview with Marvelous’ Huge Boob Producer, Kenichiro Takaki
- Epic Games Asks for Removal of UE4 Logo from Hatred, the Spinning Continues
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Expansion is Confirmed
- Amazon Leaked Some Wii U Super Smashs Bros. Info
- You Need Latios or Latias to Fly Freely in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
- Cyberconnect2 is Teasing a “Shocking” Game Announcement by End of 2014
- Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru: Memory of the Forest is Revealed for PS Vita
- Harvest Moon-Inspired Stardew Valley is Shaping Up Nicely
- Lay Down the Divine Smackdown in Fist of Jesus: The Bloody Gospel of Judas
- The Pokemon Company is Celebrating Halloween with Horror Manga Artist Junji Ito
Topic of the Week
This week’s topic involves the game Hatred, the game by Destructive Creations, which has definitely caused quite a stir. On one side, you have people screaming that it’s disgusting and that it shouldn’t exist. On the other side, you have people saying it deserves to exist, whether they like it or not. It’s a fascinating dichotomy where the same people asking for games to be viewed as art, are usually the same ones asking for certain games they don’t like to stop existing. We tackle this in our ramblings over the subject, and of course we discuss #GamerGate as it’s a tangential issue. It seems like there’s a double standard when it comes to what games can be considered art, and only the big gaming websites hold the keys to the kingdom.
Enjoy our podcast below, or download it here (right click and save as).
Please Leave Feedback and Ask Us Questions
Please write in to Niche Gamer-cast @ Niche Gamer (click to open a new message with your preferred email provider) with any questions, comments, music recommendations, and so on that you guys have. We will respond to any emails we get on the air during the next show!