Featured above, we’ve finally gotten a look at the gameplay within Terra Battle via the game’s debut trailer. Combat unfolds via a tactical, grid like system where you maneuver your characters towards the enemy, hopefully leading to optimal offensive or defensive positions.
Alongside the new trailer is a massive amount of information for the title, which is compiled for you to digest, below:
The story takes place on a land headed for destruction. Humans mainly occupy the land, accompanied by LizardFolk and BeastFolk. In this world, each group speaks in its own language about the Maker, in which nobody can confirm its existence, or know its truth.
All that is known is that the Maker resides deep underground. Everyone gathers at the capital to embark on a journey to discover more about the Maker
During their travel, they uncover myths unspoken and delve deeper and further to discover the truth.
They have a long and deep road ahead. Are they headed for light or nothingness (Zero)…
- Amina (Staff/Recover, Human) – Amina is a 20-year-old nurse who is always among the first to swoop onto the scene in times of crisis.
- Ba’gunar (Sword/Lightning, LizardFolk) – Ba’gunar, the self-proclaimed king of the lizardfolk, fell into hibernation when he stumbled into a trap at the top of the Tower of Temptation, an arcane structure built by the primordial civilization of Gallus.
- Gugba (Sword, BeastFolk) – Gugba is short and stout, and he barely has a neck. The beastman warrior rather resembles a member of the extinct dwarven race.
- Daiana (Staff/Fire, StoneFolk) – Daiana is a beautiful stonewoman with long, flowing hair. On closer inspection, it is apparent that her hair is actually magma that streams steadily from her head.
- Hiso (Arsenic) Alien – The Origin of Hiso (Arsenic) Alien: On December 2, 2012, NASA made an announcement of the discovery of a new bacteria which makes DNA with arsenic instead of phosphorus. It was quite disappointing news for many people because prior to the official announcement, we have been informed that the announcement will be about the discovery of astrobiology which affects the quest for evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life. On the internet, there were many speculations, such as it could be discovery of intelligent extraterrestrial life, or discovery of UFO debris. Many people were very excited and the discussion was heated. During those hype time, Hiso Alien was born. Recently, some researchers have been doubting the evidence for this bacteria; even its existence is shaky. At the end, Hiso Alien might be the only survivor?!
“Flank enemies by freely moving your characters across the battlefield.”
Defeat your foes by moving across the grid and swapping positions with other friendly units to prepare a devastating pincer attack.
“Setup a combo with your allied units to obliterate your foes.”
Combos are triggered by strategically positioning your characters. Combine these with bonus items found on the map to deal extra damage!
“Optimize your characters by customizing their jobs and skills.”
Choose from three different job paths for each unit. Combine these with your newly acquired skills to create the perfect mercenary to suite your unique battle plans.
“Experience an expansive world with hundreds of maps and characters.”
Achieve victory to unravel the many mysteries of this realm. Enemies with unique characteristics will assail you across countless battlefields.
“Experience a timeless score by industry legend, Nobuo Uematsu.”
Nobuo Uematsu has crafted a gorgeous soundscape to accent the world of Terra Battle. His music brings depth to the story and a dynamic charge to the battles.
So what do you guys think? Will you give Terra Battle a chance, despite it being more smartphone oriented as far as visuals and gameplay fares?