Cellar Door Games have finally confirmed the date when Playstation fans can get their hands on Rogue Legacy, their 2D action/adventure game with roguelike elements.
The game will be coming to Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation Vita on July 29th in North America and on July 30th in Europe. Why should you consider Rogue Legacy even if you’ve been on the fence? Well, the team has compiled a handy list of all the improvements made to the Playstation versions:
- Cross Buy! — Do you want the awesome portable-ness of Vita? Or do you want the epic big screen experience of PS4/PS3? Don’t worry, you won’t have to make that choice because we’ll just give it all to you!
- Cross Save! — Going out? Play on the Vita, and when you get home, your save will be brought over to your PS4/PS3 via cloud magic!
- 101% content! — Every single feature in the PC version, including all of the content patches, has been faithfully brought over to the PlayStation versions. So you get all the extra Bonus zones, traits, and boss remixes jam packed into those sweet little bytes, along with just a little bit more. But only just a little.
- Multi-lingual! — Rogue Legacy’s been translated into a whole BUNCH of languages for you guys. We’ve got English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. :D
- PS Vita control scheme bliss! — When we originally made Rogue Legacy, we made it with the PS Vita buttons in mind. No joke. We gambled that if it did well, we wouldn’t want the Vita version being nerfed in the control department, so we made sure to not use too many buttons. That crazy gamble we made over a year ago paid off, and that means the Vita version plays perfectly! Happiness!
- Platinum Trophy! — Aw yiss! Platinum awesome-ness! Thanks, PlayStation!
You can check out our review for the PC release of Rogue Legacy here.