Square Enix has confirmed the Western release date for Drakengard 3 in both North America and continental Europe. Drakengard 3 is coming to Playstation 2 on May 20th, 2014, for $49.99 in North America and May 21st in Europe. The European release is a digital only one, unfortunately.
Also confirmed today is the collector’s edition the game is getting in North America:
Limited to 5000 copies, available exclusively from the Square Enix store and retailing at $79.99, it includes:
- All three tier pre-order incentives mentioned above
- The Complete Novella
- Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
- Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level
- Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill)
- Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion
- Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster
The game is also getting lots of pre-order bonuses, which are detailed below:
- Tier One: players who place their pre-order from today through March 3 will receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses;
- Tier Two: from March 4 to April 8, pre-ordering the game will unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses;
- Tier Three: from April 9 until launch, players will receive the final unannounced locked bonus only.
If you pre-order the game before March 4th, you get all of the downloadable content. Square Enix also revealed the game’s opening cinematic in English, which you can view below: