Microsoft is putting out a new system update for the Xbox One, which addresses a lot of issues users were having with the system.
Here’s the entire list of updates and changes coming to Xbox One:
- Fixes SmartGlass issues some users had when coming in and out of connected standby
- Fixes multiplayer issues some users had upon re-joining games
- Fixes issues with notification inconsistencies some users had experienced
- Improved dashboard performance
- Adds improvements to Xbox One’s TV, doing system updates, and performing content updates by scaling over time
- The wireless networking driver has been updated to improve connectivity
Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hryb has confirmed that the update will automatically download in the background so long as you have your Xbox One powered on. Once downloaded, the system will power down, so you’ll have to power it on manually afterwards.
After you boot your Xbox One on again, the update will take a few minutes to install. You’ll see that bright green screen (seen above) as it installs.