Earth Defense Force 2025 is finally making its way westward, bringing the insane and over the top alien carnage that many fans have grown to love to a new console generation.
D3 Publisher is pulling all the stops out of this release though, they are even giving exclusive pre-order incentives to Gamestop for the Air Raider Weapons Pack, which contains:
- Pure Decoy Launcher (Setsu) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
- The BMO3 Vegalta Gold — a limited edition, gold-coated model that will reflect radar waves and has a combat burner to throw flames. Players will also be able to take flight for short periods of time with it equipped.
The game is also getting a ton of other (from other retailers, not currently specified) special pre-order weapon packs:
The Fencer Weapons Pack
- Ifrit—a cannon that launches rockets that will separate and disperse over the sea. Each rocket is equipped with multiple incendiary bombs that will ignite upon contact, causing massive damage.
- Blood Storm—a powerful cannon that will separate midair and rain down on the enemy’s head and inflict damage on an entire area.
The Wing Diver Weapons Pack
- Reflection Laser—a special laser that fires in two directions and can even shoot through narrow passageways. It’s an effective weapon with giant insects, as it can maximize range without obstruction.
- Gleipnir—this super weapon silently discharges balls of energy with the ability to launch continuous attacks. Only Wing Divers can use this weapon, as it requires the Psionic Link
The Ranger Weapons Pack
- Volatile Napalm—a military-grade discharge device that sets everything ablaze and damages the target and surrounding area.
- Pure Decoy Launcher (Mian)—a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self-destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
EDF 2025 features over 700 weapons, dozens of missions over what fans expect from previous iterations, four player online multiplayer, vehicle transportation and of course – tons of upgrades.
Earth Defense Force 2025 is coming west in February of next year.
EDF! EDF! EDF!