In a Steam Community blog post, Valve has finally revealed some of the core specs of a potential Steam Machine that is currently in prototype phase, which you can see below:
- GPU: some units with NVidia Titan, some GTX780, some GTX760, and some GTX660
- CPU: some boxes with Intel i7-4770, some i5-4570, and some i3
- RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CPU), 3GB GDDR5 (GPU)
- Storage: 1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD
- Power Supply: Internal 450w 80Plus Gold
- Dimensions: approx. 12 x 12.4 x 2.9 in high
Valve describes this prototype as a high-end, high-performance box built out of top of the shelf PC parts. It’s fully upgradeable, allowing you to swap out the GPU, HDD or even the logic board if you wished.
The prototypes aren’t finalized enough to share some pretty photos, so you’ll have to just drool over those specs for now.