Persona 4 Arena is a 2D fighter by Atlus and Arc System Works featuring characters from – you guessed it, the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series.
It seems the game has been lucrative enough to warrant a sequel, or at least an updated version – so here come the juicy bits:
- Yukari Takeba and Junpei Iori are added as playable characters.
- Selection between types for each character has been added.
- Coming from this, there will be normal type and shadow type characters.
- Normal type characters will have a rush ability to get out of enemy charges.
- Shadow type characters will have a shadow rampage ability, which unlocks an unlimited amount of SP skill use and skill boosts for a limited amount of time.
You can view a buttload of screens taken by Famitsu below:
If you’re in the area, the play test for this new version is going on at Hey Arcade in Akihabara or Taito Station Nihombashi in Osaka from August 16th to 18th between 10 AM and midnight.
The event is still happening now and this new version has yet to be fully revealed – including its new name. I expect it to just be Persona 4 Arena 2, despite how silly it is but you know how these fighters are named sometimes!