Demon Gaze, the dungeon crawler from Kadokawa Games, is coming West on the Vita thanks to NIS America. What is Demon Gaze exactly though? It’s not just a dungeon crawler, it’s also a mix of treasure hunting, monster sealing, dating and making friends with others who stay at the inn the protagonist is living at.
The cool thing about all of the potential party members that you meet is that players can customize them by choosing styles, classes, race, etc. The protagonist has amnesia and was taken in to the inn where he is indebted to the innkeeper, Fran, and must repay her by going on adventures. Apparently, you can also have some intimate moments with the innkeeper as well.
Here is some info from the game’s official page:
Oz awakens to find himself in Misred—a cursed land at the world’s western frontier—with a dark shroud covering certain memories of his past. The land before him contains many labyrinths that hold both treasure and danger in equal volumes. Without knowing where else to go or what else to do, Oz decides to take up arms in order to hunt down artifacts and eke out a living in this world that feels so new to him. One day, he will have to face his past, but until then, he has no choice but to trust those around him, and in his newfound abilities as a “Demon Gazer”.
- Dungeon RPG progress system: Conquer locations within dungeons to access better items and to draw out the boss!
- HD character and monster illustrations: Experience highly detailed and illustrated art like you’ve never seen before on the PS Vita’s OLED screen!
- Customizable party creation: Choose from more than 90 different character portraits, 5 different races, and 8 different classes and create your ideal adventuring party to delve fearlessly into various beautiful 3D dungeons!
- Subclass flexibility: Utilize special items to gain skills from several other character classes to maximize your characters’ battle potential and survivability!
- Touchscreen quicktravel: Employ the use of the PS Vita’s touch screen to quickly navigate your character through previously explored areas within dungeons
Demon Gaze currently does not have a release date set for the West, but NISA will probably announce something when Dangan Ronpa is closer to release next year. The key thing is that it is coming now, so stay tuned folks.