This is Niche Culture. In this column, we regularly cover anime, geek culture, and things related to video games. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!
It didn’t take long for another company to make even more cereal inspired by popular video games after Nintendo – only now we’ve learned Funko has announced not one but two cereals based on two popular video games – Mega Man and Cuphead.
The new line of “FunkO’s” cereals are going to launch sometime this month via participating retailers.
Here’s a rundown on the availability of the cereals:
- Mega Man FunkO’s will be available at GameStop
- Cuphead & Mugman FunkO’s will be available at Hot Topic
- Freddy FunkO’s will be available through Funko
- Nightmare On Elm Street’s Freddy Krueger FunkO’s and Friday the 13th’s Jason FunkO’s will be available at FYE
- The Lord of the Rings FunkO’s featuring Gollum will be available at BoxLunch
More licensed cereals will be added throughout the year.
Each box of cereal will come with a collectible prize, making that desperate attempt to relive your childhood Saturday mornings that much closer to a reality.