This is Niche Culture. In this column, we regularly cover anime, geek culture, and things related to video games. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!
In a nod to the meme that Bethesda Softworks will port The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to literally everything forever, the company has announced an Amazon Alexa port for the game.
You read that right – the open world RPG is now available in voice command form for the Alexa receiver – news confirmed during Bethesda’s E3 2018 press conference. Featured above, you can view a trailer for the game’s latest port.
Here’s a rundown on the new app, via Amazon:
Bethesda Game Studios is proud to present Skyrim… for Alexa. Yes, that’s right, the version of Skyrim you never saw coming has finally arrived on the platform you never asked for.
For the very first time ever, take your rightful place as the Dragonborn of legend (again) and explore Skyrim using the power of your own voice…your Thu’um!
● Quest and explore the dungeons of Skyrim
● Master your weapons, spells and shouts
● Encounter people who constantly need your help
● Guard your knees against arrows
● Fatally harm mudcrabs
● Fight dragons
● Fight another dragon
● Eat sweet rolls
● Fus Ro Dah
● Chase butterflies
● Burn spiders
● Walk straight up a mountain instead of going around
● Vanquish malevolent evils
● There’s probably mead somewhere in there
● No goblins, though
● Soul trap woodland creatures
● Victory or Sovngarde, whichever one you prefer
● Also cheese wheels and a fork
● Fail to collect all stones of Barenziah for like the 5th time
● Talk with guards
● Unleash the power of your Thu’um
● Open wooden doors
● Open iron doors
● Other epic things
● And more!