Nintendo has announced Pokemon Quest for the Nintendo Switch.
The new game, which is available now via the eShop, is an action RPG spinoff developed by Game Freak. A smartphone release is also planned for the game sometime next month.
Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the game. Here’s some screenshots and artwork:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Pokémon Quest, a rambunctious action RPG game, was also revealed at the press conference, along with the surprise for fans that it is available today on Nintendo eShop. Developed by GAME FREAK, Pokémon Quest takes players across Tumblecube Island, where everything’s a cube — including the Pokémon. Travel the length and breadth of the island hunting for treasure, battling with wild Pokémon, discovering unexplored territories, and even cooking tasty treats to tempt new Pokémon to join your party.
- Battle by tapping — Pokémon Quest uses simple touch controls that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Befriend many Pokémon — Use items collected throughout expeditions to befriend a wide array of Pokémon.
- Create your Pokémon dream team — Partner with three of your Pokémon friends to battle through diverse environments.
- Pokémon unique to you — Use different Power Stones to personalize your Pokémon friends however you want and give them unique stats.
- Customize your base camp — Decorate your home with cute and fun collectibles that not only look good, but can provide in-game benefits.
“This new Pokémon title, developed by GAME FREAK, lets players explore the island of Tumblecube with their team of cute, cube-shaped characters known as Pokéxel,” said Shigeru Ohmori, director at GAME FREAK. “Players will be able to personalize their Pokémon and develop a strong bond with their Pokémon friends while battling their way through the adventure. With the simple touch-screen controls, Pokémon Quest is a game that Pokémon fans of all ages can pick up and play.”