Nintendo has announced some new details for the new Super Smash Bros. for Switch at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo.
Fans who are attending this year’s E3 and want to get the first hands-on with the new fighting game will have to reserve a ticket in advance.
Here’s how the reservation system works:
- Anyone who registers for E3 2018 by May 31 will receive an email from E3 organizers on June 5 with details about how to reserve one electronic ticket to play the game (available while time slots last). Attendees should make sure to add [email protected] to their safe sender lists so the email doesn’t get lost in their junk folders.
- Signing up to play the game ahead of time is mandatory. No on-site registration will be available.
- Tickets will be in the form of QR Code patterns that can be stored on a smartphone or printed out.
- For more details about ticketing, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/attendee-faq for continuing updates.
- Reservations will not be taken for any other games at Nintendo’s booth, which will be available to play on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you bring your Nintendo Switch to the expo and are spotted by Nintendo employees, you might get randomly given an exclusive, collectible Switch pin (while supplies last).
This year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo runs from June 12th to the 14th.