MidBoss has cancelled the PS Vita port for 2064: Read Only Memories.
The developer noted they “tried and tried and tried to get the game to run on PS Vita,” noting that “the way we built the original engine was just not made for the amount of memory the system has.” The elaborated a bit more:
“As huge fans of Danganronpa and the 999 series, we really understand the value and potential of PS Vita and hoped and spent a lot of money and time trying to get this to work, but it just is not meant to be. We are pretty crushed over here too … In the future, we’ll make sure the build our games knowing the limitations of the platforms we’re aiming for before making any assumptions if we’ll actually be able to execute.”
The game’s Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions are roughly 95% complete and 85% complete, respectively. The iOS and Android versions are planned for a summer 2018 release, with a discounted price.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Neo-San Francisco, 2064 AD. Your life as a struggling journalist is interrupted by the world’s first sapient machine, a ROM (Relationship and Organizational Manager) named Turing. Together, you and the quirky robot will encounter a colorful cast of locals and overcome challenges as you uncover the city’s secrets behind the overlapping futures of technology and humanity. 2064: Read Only Memories is a new cyberpunk adventure that will take you on a journey of puzzle-solving and exploring as you investigate the mysterious world and characters of Neo-San Francisco.
Inspired by classics like Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father and Snatcher, 2064: Read Only Memories is a retrofuturistic take on the point-and-click adventure genre that features a rich mature narrative and unique gameplay challenges hidden within the beautiful interactive pixel scenes. The deeper you delve into the life of your missing friend, the further you get entangled into this tale about the dark side of technology.
Can you survive in Neo-SF? Or will the mystery go unsolved…?
- Dynamic narrative defined by player choices, with over 10 hours of dialogue, exploration, and gameplay challenges with multiple solutions.
- Voice acting from a unique and diverse professional cast of talent, including Austin Creed (aka WWE Superstar Xavier Woods), Todd Bridges, Melissa Hutchinson, Jim Sterling, voices from Telltale’s “The Walking Dead”, and many more!
- New and revamped puzzles, an even deeper story and new expressive animations for the lively citizens of Neo-SF.
- “Endless Christmas”, an extended epilogue giving you the opportunity to hang out with your favorite Neo-SF locals!
- Even more Hassy than ever before!
2064: Read Only Memories is currently for PC and PlayStation 4.