Blizzard has finally released Kel’Thuzad for Heroes of the Storm, following a few weeks teasing his addition to the cross-franchise MOBA.
The undead servant faithful only to the Lich King, Kel’Thuzad brings with him lots of evil magic abilities, as well as some ice-based ones. Featured above, you can view a trailer highlighting the Archlich.
Here’s a rundown on Kel’Thuzad, via Blizzard:
Kel’Thuzad has faithfully served the Lich King both in life and after death. Reanimated as the Archlich of the Scourge and given domain of the Dread Necropolis, Naxxramas, Kel’Thuzad remains Arthas’s most trusted advisor and master of the cold dark.
- Master of the Cold Dark
- Quest: Gain 1 Blight every time a Hero is Rooted by Frost Nova or hit by Chains of Kel’Thuzad.
- Reward: After gaining 15 Blight, the cooldown of all Basic Abilities is reduced by 2 seconds.
- Reward: After gaining 30 Blight, gain 75% Spell Power.
- Death and Decay (Q)
- After 0.5 seconds, launch an orb that explodes upon hitting an enemy, dealing damage to enemies in the area. The explosion leaves behind a pool of decay that lasts 2 seconds, dealing damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies.
- Frost Nova (W)
- Create a nova that explodes after 1 second, dealing damage to enemies inside and Slowing them by 35% for 2.5 seconds. Enemies in the center are Rooted for 1 second.
- Chains of Kel’Thuzad (E)
- Launch a chain, dealing damage to the first enemy Hero or Structure hit. For 4 seconds after hitting an enemy, Chains can be reactivated to launch to an additional enemy, pulling both enemies together and Stunning them for 0.5 seconds.
- Frost Blast (R)
- Launch a meteor of ice at an enemy Hero. Upon impact, the meteor deals damage to its target and damages enemies in the area. All enemies hit by Frozen Tomb are Rooted for 1.5 seconds.
- Shadow Fissure (R)
- Create a fissure anywhere on the Battleground that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing damage to enemies in its area.
The new update also brings with it a new special event: Obey the Call, which enables players to complete a four part quest chain. If you complete the questline before September 25th, you’ll get a myriad of necromancer, Kel’Thuzad, and even Naxxramas-themed goodies. There’s also your expected balancing and bug-fixes in this update.
Heroes of the Storm is currently available for PC and Mac as a free-to-play title.