Following a leak this past weekend, THQ Nordic and developer Experiment 101 have officially revealed Biomutant.
The game is a post-apocalyptic, open-world action-RPG for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It’s set for a release sometime next year, worldwide.
Featured above, you can view the game’s debut trailer. Here are the game’s first screenshots:
A collector’s edition is also coming for $119, it includes: a copy of the game, the official soundtrack, a figurine, A1 artwork on fabric, and a premium box.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via THQ Nordic:
Biomutant is a post-apocalyptic open-world ARPG that delivers real-time melee, shooter and mutant ability action. Replayability by varied and deep character progression, exploration of three systematically generated worlds, an underworld and a small solar system, by foot, mech, air-balloon, jetski and UFO. Biomutant also features a fully customizable (MMO style) character and mutation system, bionics and creative item crafting, plus an interactive narrative featuring a contextual storyteller where the players creates their own story of survival in a vibrant colorful world.
- Real-Time Combat: Mixes melee, guns, and abilities.
- Hugely Customizable Character: Bionics offer powerful prosthetics, while Mutations offer physical changes as well as powers.
- Automation sidekick: Customizable living robotic toys.
- Pilotable Vehicles: Customizable mech, jetski, and UFO.
- Creative crafting system: Open creation of weapons and gear.
Biomutant is going to be playable on the showfloor at Gamescom this week.