Square Enix has confirmed to Niche Gamer that Final Fantasy XV is heading to PC.
The game will launch exclusively for Windows PC sometime early next year as Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. Featured above, you can view the game’s PC announcement trailer.
Here are the first screenshots and key art for the game’s Windows version:
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will include the following GameWorks technology for in-game graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
- NVIDIA Ansel™, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay™ Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels
Final Fantasy XV is currently available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you should check out our written and video review for the game here.
Editor’s Note: There’s a list of recommended specs making the rounds – we’re awaiting verification if these are real or a falsification.