Bandai Namco has announced a new Tekken game for mobile devices.
The game is titled simply Tekken, and its coming to iOS and Android devices. Featured above, you can view the game’s announcement trailer.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
TEKKEN, the world’s most successful fighting game franchise has been brought to mobile! Join PAUL, KAZUYA, XIAOYU, LAW, PANDA, NINA & all other famous fighters to engage in an intuitive, deep combat system featuring fighting techniques from all around the world. Take on the role of the Dojo Master, collecting, upgrading and battling with your favorite fighters from the legendary TEKKEN franchise!
WHAT’S YOUR NEXT MOVE?
- Collect over 100 characters with unique fighting styles
- Upgrade and unlock over 20 unique special moves for each fighter
- Battle it out in Unique Game modes including STORY MODE missions, online versus battles in DOJO CHALLENGE and rotating LIVE EVENT challenges!
STORY MODE – Explore the world of TEKKEN
- Join the legendary fighter, Kazuya Mishima, as he battles against his toughest adversary yet! Battle through a map-based campaign featuring unique encounters and specialized and powerful bosses.
- Build specialized teams to take down unique missions
- Explore dynamic battle maps to uncover compelling challenges and rewards
DOJO CHALLENGE – Online Versus Battles
- Build a team and battle against your friends and the community in this online versus mode
- Players build teams of attackers and defenders to compete in monthly seasons for unique rewards
- Ranked ladders allow players to progress and measure up against the best players in the world
- Players record and upload their own in-game fighting styles into the AI of their dojo, giving them an authentic feel
LIVE EVENTS – Brand new content to experience daily
- Live events feature daily, weekly and monthly rotating content. A fresh experience every time you play!
- Special themed events will provide unique experiences and encounters
- Rare characters and content available during Special Events
Pre-registration is now available on the game’s official website. The more users register for the game, the more in-game rewards will be unlocked and distributed when the game launches. A soft-launch already kicked off over on the Canadian iOS App Store.