This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Spartan Fist is a voxel-based, gladiator battle-royale where you punch your enemies so hard their heads explode.
The game has you playing as Emma Jones, a hard-boiled police detective that has super powers enabling her to punch enemies so hard their voxel-bodies fly apart. Your ultimate goal isn’t to solve a crime, however, it’s simply money and fame.
Featured above, you can view a teaser trailer for the game. Glass Bottom Games describe the title as “whimsically gritty,” which is an appropriate description for its bright pastels, as well as the fact that blood tends to spray everywhere.
Here’s some straight up gameplay:
Here are the game’s key features:
- Radical first-person punching aimed at ultimate satisfaction
- New arenas to explore every time you play, chock full of new stuff to wreck
- A double fistful of fun to button-mash combo slammin’ action with a high skill ceiling
- Colorful and vibrant pixelated characters in tandem with gory violence
- A ton of different playstyle-changing fist types (to hit dudes with)
- Mysterious things to dip fists in (maybe it’ll give you power! OR NOT)
- The punk/chip fusion sounds of “Chipunk” in an all-original soundtrack
- The continuing saga of Emma and Franky, forever-friends from our previous games
Fights pan out through procedurally generated arenas, where you’ll be put to the test against “high skill ceiling” brawls and lots of different fist types, each of which changing up your playstyle.
A release date for Spartan Fist is set for sometime next year, for PC. You can find its Steam page here.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!