Nintendo and Capcom have announced the western release date for Monster Hunter Stories.
The game will launch for the Nintendo 3DS in both North America and Europe on September 8th. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the upcoming RPG based within the popular monster-hunting franchise.
A playable demo for the game will launch in both regions on August 10th, via the eShop.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Nintendo:
Venture into monster nests to collect eggs and hatch a wide array of species with uniquely powerful skills. Form teams, battle alongside them, crush opponents with combo attacks, and ride into the sunset a champion. Need more muscle? Then mix and match genes to create monsters with more abilities!
When a monster infected by the Black Blight attacks your remote village of riders, tragedy will thrust you into an exciting yet dangerous world, where you must bond with monsters on your adventure. As the story snakes along, you’ll encounter a wealth of side quests and hours of challenging turn-based battles where you must coordinate monster skills, rider skills and enemy attack patterns. The instinctive rock-paper-scissors combat system is a series first, a breath of fresh air for veterans and newcomers alike. It’s the perfect entry point into the popular Monster Hunter universe and a game unlike anything else in the series! You can even battle other players online, locally, or via the StreetPass feature!
- A vast world filled with uniquely skilled monsters to hatch, ride, and fight beside.
- Form a team of monsters and execute powerful combo attacks.
- Every monster’s genes contain a unique set of skills and attributes. Channel genes from one to another to customize your own monster!
- Varied side quests and challenging battles bolster hours of gameplay.
- The first ever turn-based battles in Monster Hunter series history!