Sony Interactive Entertainment and DotEmu have announced the release date for the upcoming re-release of Windjammers – the classic Neo Geo frisbee game.
Fans will be able to pick up the game in all its 1990’s glory on August 29th, for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. Featured above, you can view a new character trailer for the game.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via PlayStation:
Sharpen your throwing and sliding skills and become the world’s best player! Incredibly fun and intensely addictive, Windjammers is the adrenaline rush you’re looking for!
- 5 game modes: ARCADE, INFINITE, LOCAL VERSUS, ONLINE QUICK MATCH, & RANKED MATCH
- Online Versus: for the first time ever, face other players worldwide in ranked matches and compete in the top leagues!
- 6 unique characters with their own special skills and super throws
- 6 playable environments, from sunny beach to crowded stadium
- 2 unlockable mini-games: Dog Distance & Bowling
- New HD menus
Originally released on the NEOGEO arcade system, Windjammers perfectly blends sports and fighting games. Sharpen your throwing and sliding skills, use the best techniques to defeat your opponents, and become the world’s best player !
Finally, some merchandise for the game was also revealed:
The official merchandise is coming alongside the game via Fangamer.