Housemarque has announced the release date for Nex Machina.
The new twin-stick shooter will launch for both PC and PlayStation 4 on June 20th. A new local cooperative mode was also revealed with the date – you can view a new trailer showcasing the mode above.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
Nex Machina is an intense arcade style twin-stick shooter from Housemarque. Taking hints from both Robotron and Smash TV, Nex Machina focuses on pure action, voxel destruction and competition in the distant, cablepunk themed future.
In the world of Nex Machina, humans have become so dependent on technology that they cannot avert their eyes from portable devices anymore. Around them, machines have reached consciusness and surpassed human intelligence tenfold. No reasons to be servants now – robots are clearly the superior lifeform. And to make their point, they start eradicating all human life…
Housemarque, the creators of Resogun, and Eugene Jarvis invite you on a trip back to the age of arcades and play Nex Machina, the twinstick shooter of this generation. Destroy the evil robots, free the humans and defeat your friends’ high scores along with their dreams of success. Do you have what it takes to make it to the top?
- Explosive twin-stick arcade shooter gaming at its finest
- Over 100+ challenging levels in 5+ different intense worlds
- Secret paths, levels and humans
- Deep scoring system, rich metagame and replayability
- Specially tailored feats and achievements
- Community and friend leaderboards
- Unlockables and player profiles
- Next gen signed distance field (SDF) ray-tracing and morphing tech
- Voxel driven, significantly reworked version of the Housemarque engine