A new retailer leak seems to have let the cat out of the bag, accidentally posting a listing for the unannounced Darksiders 3.
Currently listed for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, the game has a placeholder date of December 31st, 2018. The game is being developed by Gunfire Games, a studio made up of former developers of Vigil Games, the developer of the first two Darksiders games.
The Amazon product description (via Gematsu) reveals some basic details about the game, revealing which horseman will be playable in the game.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
Originally released in 2010 by THQ, Darksiders is a cross between God of War and The Legend of Zelda, focusing on the four horsemen of the apocalypse after the forces of Heaven and Hell destroy the Earth. Following THQ’s closure in 2013, rights transferred to Nordic Games (now THQ Nordic), who recently remaster both Darksiders games for next-gen consoles.
Expect an official announcement about Darksiders III soon.