New Trailer for Sci-fi ARPG The Surge Focuses on Loot and Gear

Focus Home Interactive and Deck13 have shared a new trailer for The Surge, their upcoming sci-fi action RPG.

Featured above, the new trailer focuses on the loot and equipment systems within the game, as they’ll be integral to your experience playing.

Here’s a brief overview of what to expect from gear and loot in the game, via Focus Home:

The Surge gives players greater control over what they loot from defeated enemies. During combat, they can individually target specific body parts, which they can damage with a wise combination of vertical and horizontal attacks to then slice off – and what part they dismember directly determines what piece of equipment they loot. When approaching an enemy, players will make a difficult decision: do they target an unarmored body part for a shorter fight, or risk a lengthier, damaging battle for a chance at slicing off a shiny new piece of equipment?

Balancing risk and reward is core to succeeding in The Surge, and bold players will be rewarded well! The toughest enemies drop the most powerful weapons and armor, so if you see a piece of equipment you like the look of, you’ll need to fight hard for it…or die trying.

The Surge is launching across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 16th.

FEATURED GAME

Brandon Orselli

About

Big Papa Overlord at Niche Gamer. Italian. Dad. Outlaw fighting for a better game industry. I also write about music, food, & beer. Also an IT guy.

  • Wade Wilson

    Is this game really an RPG? I mean, in terms of story and all that? Or is it just an Action game that has levels and loot they call an ‘RPG’? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, just wondering if it has a good story and/or choices like a real RPG.

  • Madbrainbox

    Cool system.Also love how brutal this is.

  • GrimFate

    I’m not excited yet. This looks like the sort of game that has a 90% chance of being mediocre and a 10% chance of actually being a surprising good game.

  • Scruffy, the Janitor

    “Sci-fi ARPG”

    Please dont suck…

  • Madbrainbox

    There’s a dialogue system in the game but that looks more like a tool to separate the important info from the lore building stuff.I don’t think it has a choice/consequence function.

  • Amyssanchez

    I’ve made $84,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do
    !wr596c:
    ➽➽
    ➽➽➽➽ http://GoogleFinancialCashJobs596TopMicro/GetPaid$97/Hour ★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫:::!wr596u:…….

  • InfectedAI

    A rare breed, they are. I’m hoping this and Inquisitor Martyr end up being decent.