Paradox Interactive has announced the release date for the latest expansion coming to Europa Universalis IV.
The new “Mandate of Heaven” expansion will launch on April 6th, for PC, Mac, and Linux.
The new update expands the Asian powers stemming from the Celestial Empire of China and the Japanese Shogunate, each with their own unique traits and abilities.
Here are the key features in the expansion:
- Historical Ages and Golden Eras: Meet objectives in four historical ages from the Age of Discovery to the Age of Revolutions, earning new bonuses and powers for your country. Declare a Golden Era to further increase your chance of success.
- Chinese Empire: New mechanics for Ming China, including Imperial Decrees and Imperial Reforms to bolster the Dragon Throne
- Tributaries: Force your neighbors to pay tribute to your Chinese Empire, paying you in gold, manpower or monarch points
- New Japanese Rules: Daimyos now owe loyalty to the Shogun – and the Shogun is whomever controls the imperial capital of Kyoto. Force your lesser rivals to commit seppuku to preserve their honor
- Manchu Banners: Rally the Manchu warlords around your throne and call up the traditional banners to reinforce your army
Diplomatic Macrobuilder: Common diplomatic actions are now easily available from the macrobuilder interface
In case you missed it, you can find our review for Europa Universalis IV here (we highly recommend it!).