Inti Creates have announced the release date for the Azure Striker Gunvolt anime.
The new anime based on the Mega Man-inspired platforming shooter will launch on February 9th worldwide, via the Nintendo eShop. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the anime special.
You’ll have to pony up in buying the anime for $2.99, or your regional equivalent (£2.49, €2.79, etc).
Here’s a rundown for the anime, via its official website:
It is the near future, and among humankind exists “Adepts,” people who possess extraordinary abilities known as “Septimal Powers.” The existence of these Adepts has caused widespread chaos around the world, but in the nation of Japan, order and peace is maintained by a large conglomerate known as the Sumeragi Group.
…However, this would prove to be a temporary peace, granted to the citizens of Japan by the sacrifice of countless Adepts at the hands of Sumeragi. On the surface, the Sumeragi Group appears be a rather normal, clean company. Below the surface, Sumeragi captures Adepts, holds them against their will, and performs inhumane scientific experiments on them.
One group known as QUILL (Quorum for Unrestricted Information, Law, and Liberty) made this discovery and pledged to revolt against the Sumeragi Group. A member of QUILL, a young man named Gunvolt, sets out one evening to infiltrate a Sumeragi facility in the name of freedom for his fellow Adepts.
- Gunvolt: Kaito Ishikawa / Josh Keller
- Joule/Lumen: Megu Sakuragawa / Diana Garnet
- Asimov: Masashi Yukita / Maxwell Powers
- Moiqa: Moemi Otaka / Hannah Grace
- Zeno: Haruki Ishiya / Stephen Wiley
- Copen: Kosuke Masuo / Peter Von Gomm
- Nova: Ayumu Murase / Chris Nelson
- Merak: Yuuta Kasuya / Vinay Murthy
- Romeo: Hideki Makino / Cyrus Sethna
- Other: Wataru Takagi, Ousuke Yoshitatsu, Kaoru Akiyama
- Series Creator: Yoshihisa Tsuda (Inti Creates)
- Scenario Writer: Toshiaki Tai (Inti Creates)
- Character Designer: Munehiro Araki (Inti Creates), Yoshitaka Hatakeyama
- Director / Continuity / Producer：Yoshinori Odaka
- Scenario: Shigeru Murakoshi
- Character Design / Animation Supervisor: Masakazu Sunagawa
- Prop & Mech Design / Key Animator: Ryuta Nakahara
- Action Director: Masao Kawase
- Main Animator: Yousuke Kikuchi, Nagisa Nakajima
- Animation Inspector: Mikie Matuyama
- Color Design: Kanna Terawake
- Film Director: Polun Tsai
- Backgroud Art Director: Keinichi Kurata
- Sound Production: Ippo Yamada (Inti Creates)
- Production: LandQ Studio’s, Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
Azure Striker GUNVOLT