This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Balcony Team did a successful Kickstarter campaign for a hardcore, tactical, turn-based, survival-fantasy-RPG named Balrum.
If that isn’t niche enough for you, perhaps it’ll do you some good to sit down and learn about this open-ended sandbox experience – start by viewing the above trailer.
The game is old-school both in visuals and somewhat in its mechanics – you’ll be able to customize and build your character in any way you see fit.
Alongside this, players will be able to craft their own items, farm crops, build a home, and ultimately try eking out a life in the twisted world of Balrum.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Real-Time world with Turn-Based Combat
- A huge Open World with dozens of Dungeons to explore
- Spend your learning points to create a pure class or a hybrid class
- Dozens of Side Quests and an Epic Main Quest
- Three separate paths leading to the end
- Tame various animals to be your loyal Companion
- Deep Crafting System which allows you to create custom items
- Day/Night Cycle with Weather Effects
- Survival Mechanics
While there’s quite a bit of side-quests that you can pursue, there’s also a main storyline that sees you returning to the land you once fled with your family – only to now discover its horrors and wonders as an adult. The developers pose a question: what will you do with the freedom granted in this lawless world?
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
- , Mac
- , Linux
- , SteamOS