So you’re a regular visitor at Niche Gamer? The obscure games, the niche games, the weird games, whatever you want to call them—we love them and we know you love them as well. We only cover these games on our regular feed, and we only cover them on our podcast, too.
Niche News of the Week
- Redout Brings Exhilarating, Futuristic Racing to Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- Guild Wars 2 Now Free-to-Play, Heart of Thorns Expansion Releases October 23
- 80$ Gal Gun: Double Peace DLC Lets You See Through Girls’ Clothes
- Bandai Namco’s Project Treasure is Re-Branded to Lost Reavers, Beta Incoming
- Super Violent Castlevania Animated Series is Happening, Based on Castlevania III
- R. Mika is Confirmed for Street Fighter V
- The Senran Kagura Franchise Tops One Million Worldwide Sales
- Here’s the Bouncy and Touchy Debut Trailer for the Breast-Expanding RPG, Omega Labyrinth
- The Combat in the Final Fantasy VII Remake is in the Trial-and-Error Phase
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Core Fighters has Been Downloaded Over 4 Million Times
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 Obliterates its Kickstarter Goal in a Day
- Earthbound-liike RPG Undertale Finally Gets a Release Date
- Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is Announced for PS4, PS Vita
- Lost Technology is Bringing Classic, Brutal, and Fast-Paced Real-Time-Strategy West
Topic of the Week
We recently covered a series of interviews that Famitsu had completed with various top Japanese developers. These interviews focused on the AAA development scene in Japan, as well as the adoption of the Playstation 4, and more. We talk up their points, the current state of the Japanese games industry, and where it could go from here.
Enjoy our podcast below, or download it via Soundcloud:
Please Leave Feedback and Ask Us Questions
Please write in to Niche Gamer-cast @ Niche Gamer (click to open a new message with your preferred email provider) with any questions, comments, music recommendations, and so on that you guys have. We will respond to any emails we get on the air during the next show!
Editor’s Note: Header image is from Platinum Games’ upcoming game, Scalebound.