We have the features detailed and screenshots for Legend of Kay Anniversary, a remaster of action-adventure platformer Legend of Kay, thanks to Amazon UK updating their store page. (Amazon Germany was where we first got word that this game was coming.)
Here are the features listed for Anniversary on Amazon:
- High-resolution textures – new, more detailed character models, modern rendering techniques and crystal-clear surround sound
- Much higher levels of detail to the environments, even when seen close up
- A new user interface making the game simpler to use
- Cut scenes improved – now in HD!
- Achievements have been added
- Leaderboard – compare your score with your friends’ and compete against the best in the world
- 60 Frames per seconds for high speed smooth action
- 25 different levels with over 15 enemy types and epic boss battles
- 3 different primary weapons (sword/hammer/claws) with distinct combat styles
- Various mini-games such as wild boar racing, dragon flying and wolf riding
Legend of Kay was first released on the PS2 and then ported to the Nintendo DS. The general consensus online appears to be that the game was decent at the time for what it was, a budget, B-tier 3D platformer.
Legend of Kay Anniversary will be available in North America and Europe from May 29, for Windows and Mac PCs, Wii U, and the Playstation 4, according to Amazon.